14/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Spoofing on Android without rooting - still possible? :S

Just as the title states! Is it possible to spoof with an android phone without rooting? I struggle to get out and about due to physical health issues, so pokemon go can be a bit of a challenge ... My work around was spoofing to the nearby gyms/stops and so on, but since the last update I've been unable to do so
    I've tried a heap of spoofer apps and so on but none of them actually change my location ... Any help would be much appreciated! I'd rather not root my phone if possible~
    Thanks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Yeah, you can easily use a GPS Fly app without rooting your phone.
    Actually, there's a number of checks in the Pokemon GO app that make it unable to run if the phone is rooted, as well as many guides on how to use a GPS Fly out there -I'm sorry I don't have one ATM- but keep in mind 2 things:
    1.- Niantic HATES flying and the last banwave was too wide that many -most of- flyers got banned.
    2.- Because of the first point, you need to keep in mind travel times when using it in another country (or even your own) or better not to get out your city. If you're like me and your city lacks Gyms, I'd suggest to wait a full day before changing places.

Hope this helped :p

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesedmoga For This Useful Post:

LumosFoxx (07-30-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesedmoga View Post
    Yeah, you can easily use a GPS Fly app without rooting your phone.
    Actually, there's a number of checks in the Pokemon GO app that make it unable to run if the phone is rooted, as well as many guides on how to use a GPS Fly out there -I'm sorry I don't have one ATM- but keep in mind 2 things:
    1.- Niantic HATES flying and the last banwave was too wide that many -most of- flyers got banned.
    2.- Because of the first point, you need to keep in mind travel times when using it in another country (or even your own) or better not to get out your city. If you're like me and your city lacks Gyms, I'd suggest to wait a full day before changing places.

Hope this helped :p
    I'll give a few spoofing apps a try and hopefully it'll work! Thanks so much for the reply and tips~
    I probably won't be spoofing outside of my city as I mentioned in the OP xD but will definitely keep all of this in mind ^^ Thanks again!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 1h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'm spoofing with an unrooted android phone.

I'm using FGL pro. (it's a free app) Make sure you delete the updates of google play services in order for it to work (settings --> apps--> google play services --> click the button on the top right button).

If this is still unclear, there are plenty of guides to be found on the web about this spoofer.

Been using it for over a long long time and never had problems.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wvereeck For This Useful Post:

pinguim (08-09-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    83/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by LumosFoxx View Post
    Just as the title states! Is it possible to spoof with an android phone without rooting? I struggle to get out and about due to physical health issues, so pokemon go can be a bit of a challenge ... My work around was spoofing to the nearby gyms/stops and so on, but since the last update I've been unable to do so
    I've tried a heap of spoofer apps and so on but none of them actually change my location ... Any help would be much appreciated! I'd rather not root my phone if possible~
    Thanks!
    This is a late reply, but I figured I'd reply anyways on the off chance you didn't get it working yet.
    It's my understanding, unless things have recently changed, that you need a Marshmallow or Nougat Android in order to avoid rooting, and it cannot have the March 2017 security update or any updates after that. If you meet those requirements, then you can download a spoof gps app, go into developer mode to manually change your Mock Location to the spoofing app you choose, and enable no root mode in the spoofing app. If you have a Kitkat or a Lollipop, the only way to spoof is if you root your phone, use command prompt or an app on your computer to change the spoofing gps app to a System App, and then unroot your phone. It is imperative that you unroot the phone after doing this and delete any rooting apps that may be left behind because your Pokemon Go app will almost always detect any rooting applications if you don't uninstall them, consequently flagging or even banning your account. Regardless of which route you take, always use an alternative throwaway account to get the hang of spoofing before using your main account until you're sure it's safe to use. Hope this helps.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fell For This Useful Post:

Jesedmoga (08-10-2018),LumosFoxx (08-13-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fell View Post
    This is a late reply, but I figured I'd reply anyways on the off chance you didn't get it working yet.
    It's my understanding, unless things have recently changed, that you need a Marshmallow or Nougat Android in order to avoid rooting, and it cannot have the March 2017 security update or any updates after that. If you meet those requirements, then you can download a spoof gps app, go into developer mode to manually change your Mock Location to the spoofing app you choose, and enable no root mode in the spoofing app. If you have a Kitkat or a Lollipop, the only way to spoof is if you root your phone, use command prompt or an app on your computer to change the spoofing gps app to a System App, and then unroot your phone. It is imperative that you unroot the phone after doing this and delete any rooting apps that may be left behind because your Pokemon Go app will almost always detect any rooting applications if you don't uninstall them, consequently flagging or even banning your account. Regardless of which route you take, always use an alternative throwaway account to get the hang of spoofing before using your main account until you're sure it's safe to use. Hope this helps.
    I did manage to spoof again! After resetting my phone to factory settings due to some issues I tried downgrading google play services again and it started working xD But thank you so much for the info! I'll keep note of it for future ^_^