Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: If you could move to any country, where would you move?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 1 h 13 m
    Avg. Time Online
    15 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylai View Post
    For those interested in New Zealand...One of my best friends migrated to New Zealand some years ago and she's living her best life right now. She absolutely loves it there, and has happily settled down with her new family. Apparently, back then, they were way more lenient with handing out Permanent Residence (According to her, in New Zealand, Permanent Residence status basically offers the same benefits as citizenship including the right to vote, etc.) However, she mentioned that New Zealand has tightened up their requirements for Permanent Residence in recent years, and it's a lot harder to get Permanent Residence status now.

But New Zealand definitely sounds like a great place to live. It seems pretty climate resilient (not too near the equator) and has decent food security with plenty of home-grown produce. As for politics, it generally seems pretty stable and sound. The only thing that would make me slightly hesitate would be their really high tax rates.
    I agreed that they tightened up their requirements for PR. 6 years ago, my brother encouraged me to migrate there, but I did not take the chance. Fast forward to last 2 years, my brother called me and told me I cannot migrate there anymore because they have changed their age requirement and so on. I wished I took his call seriously earlier. Although it's quite nice over there, some might not like it. I've lived there for two months and to be honest, there are some cons that people might not realize by just having a short stay. After all, there's no perfect country.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Time Online
    2 d 5 h 50 m
    Avg. Time Online
    3 m
    I really want to get permanent residency for the United States. I love how generally things are simultaneously cheaper here and wages are higher at the same time. Cars are cheap, electronics are cheap, food and housing costs match much better to wages.

It’ll likely take me a decade or more to make it happen though being born in Asia and without an advanced degree. I haven’t even been able to start the process yet because I keep losing the H1B lottery

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 3 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I personally would love to go back to Korea. I went when I was in high school and have practiced the language ever since.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Online
    20 h 3 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    probably iceland. i have a few friends who are icelandic and the appeal of living somewhere fairly isolate appeals heavily to me. total pop. of the whole country is smaller than the nearest metro to me by huge amounts.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I would definitely move to Japan or Singapore!

Pronoun(s)
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 544 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Time Online
    27 d 13 h 47 m
    Avg. Time Online
    14 m
    singapore or italy for the foooooooood

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 18 h 35 m
    Avg. Time Online
    46 m
    I live in the US now but I have thought about moving to Canada or somewhere in Europe. But my entire family is in the US, so it makes moving out of the country harder for me personally. I would love to study abroad one day though .

Pronoun(s)
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 13 h 59 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 45 m
    Quote Originally Posted by faesalt View Post
    probably iceland. i have a few friends who are icelandic and the appeal of living somewhere fairly isolate appeals heavily to me. total pop. of the whole country is smaller than the nearest metro to me by huge amounts.
    Ooh, Iceland is great! I visited once while studying abroad, and it was so beautiful. For me, it had this mysterious vibe. I'd love to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohana View Post
    I live in the US now but I have thought about moving to Canada or somewhere in Europe. But my entire family is in the US, so it makes moving out of the country harder for me personally. I would love to study abroad one day though .
    Same with me. I'd love to expatriate to Scandinavia/Ireland/Scotland (I really dislike how every-man-for-himself the US is), but my understanding is that it's extremely difficult