Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: If you could move to any country, where would you move?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylai View Post
    For those interested in New Zealand...One of my best friends migrated to New Zealand some years ago and she's living her best life right now. She absolutely loves it there, and has happily settled down with her new family. Apparently, back then, they were way more lenient with handing out Permanent Residence (According to her, in New Zealand, Permanent Residence status basically offers the same benefits as citizenship including the right to vote, etc.) However, she mentioned that New Zealand has tightened up their requirements for Permanent Residence in recent years, and it's a lot harder to get Permanent Residence status now.

But New Zealand definitely sounds like a great place to live. It seems pretty climate resilient (not too near the equator) and has decent food security with plenty of home-grown produce. As for politics, it generally seems pretty stable and sound. The only thing that would make me slightly hesitate would be their really high tax rates.
    I agreed that they tightened up their requirements for PR. 6 years ago, my brother encouraged me to migrate there, but I did not take the chance. Fast forward to last 2 years, my brother called me and told me I cannot migrate there anymore because they have changed their age requirement and so on. I wished I took his call seriously earlier. Although it's quite nice over there, some might not like it. I've lived there for two months and to be honest, there are some cons that people might not realize by just having a short stay. After all, there's no perfect country.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    1d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I personally would love to go back to Korea. I went when I was in high school and have practiced the language ever since.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    probably iceland. i have a few friends who are icelandic and the appeal of living somewhere fairly isolate appeals heavily to me. total pop. of the whole country is smaller than the nearest metro to me by huge amounts.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I would definitely move to Japan or Singapore!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    40d 20h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    singapore or italy for the foooooooood

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I live in the US now but I have thought about moving to Canada or somewhere in Europe. But my entire family is in the US, so it makes moving out of the country harder for me personally. I would love to study abroad one day though .