Quote Originally Posted by Rylai View Post
For those interested in New Zealand...One of my best friends migrated to New Zealand some years ago and she's living her best life right now. She absolutely loves it there, and has happily settled down with her new family. Apparently, back then, they were way more lenient with handing out Permanent Residence (According to her, in New Zealand, Permanent Residence status basically offers the same benefits as citizenship including the right to vote, etc.) However, she mentioned that New Zealand has tightened up their requirements for Permanent Residence in recent years, and it's a lot harder to get Permanent Residence status now.

But New Zealand definitely sounds like a great place to live. It seems pretty climate resilient (not too near the equator) and has decent food security with plenty of home-grown produce. As for politics, it generally seems pretty stable and sound. The only thing that would make me slightly hesitate would be their really high tax rates.
I agreed that they tightened up their requirements for PR. 6 years ago, my brother encouraged me to migrate there, but I did not take the chance. Fast forward to last 2 years, my brother called me and told me I cannot migrate there anymore because they have changed their age requirement and so on. I wished I took his call seriously earlier. Although it's quite nice over there, some might not like it. I've lived there for two months and to be honest, there are some cons that people might not realize by just having a short stay. After all, there's no perfect country.