Thread: Python Daily Doer...on your Android Phone!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Python Daily Doer...on your Android Phone!

1. Download QPython App from the Android Store.

(you need an account to see links)

2. You need to move the python scripts over to the phone. I suggest connecting the phone to the PC.

3. Open folder "phone" and then "qpython" and then "scripts". Path: "This PC\Galaxy S9+\Phone\qpython\scripts"

4. Paste all files associated with Daily Doer into the script folder. You will some example scripts. You can delete or keep them.

5. You can run the script by opening the app and selecting the explorer button. Then click the scripts folder. Then click your python script. (DailyDoer.py) You will see a button to run the script. It looks like a movie play button.

6. Your script is going to fail. This specific program was written to import other files and other junk. It will fail at the locations you need to update. I read that some phones are different. My phone needed the following string added to all file paths: "/storage/emulated/0/qpython/scripts/".

For example it will fail to import the "neopets_bday.txt" file. It thinks the file is at the root of your phone. That is no good. You need to change it to be open('/storage/emulated/0/qpython/scripts/./neopets_bday.txt','r')

7. Upon completion of updating all the import files you can now use your phone to run the scripts! Perfect for those of us that work during the day and want to get our food club bets submitted. The phone will run the script sluggish compared to a computer. However you can use your phone for any other purpose while it is running. If anything the sluggish speed is making it look less automated and more realistic.

I would just straight-up upload the file package with all the fixes but this isn't my python code to be redistributing.
    Last edited by wizardofthenorth; 07-14-2018 at 09:55 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wizardofthenorth For This Useful Post:

GetJinxed (03-20-2019),Holly (08-22-2018),Mr. 49 (09-28-2018),Stocking Anarchy (12-18-2018)