24/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    13d 17h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by protein View Post
    What's your opinion on intermittent fasting?
    TBH I never recommend any specific diet or in this case, eating protocol. I've seen literally hundreds of clients throw themselves at whatever is popular at the moment whether it be keto (diet), atkins (diet) or intermittent fasting (eating protocol). Oh unless they have specific dietary needs of course.

Now I do believe that intermittent fasting has a ton of benefits IF and only IF it allows the person to be consistent with it. I myself follow a IF protocol only because it just so happens to fall right into times which are convenient for me. I see so many people doing IF but sticking their face with food just because "oh yeah I can eat anything I want for 8 hours dude".

IF done properly and is easy for the client = Great
    IF done wrong as with any other diet = bad (IF happens to be done wrong fairly common though)

For a bodybuilder, IF is something I recommend for the cutting. I've tried it during a lean gain/bulking phase and couldn't eat enough in that window.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to leoric For This Useful Post:

Todoroki (07-12-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    18d 11h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    What are your go-to gym songs that get you absolutely hyped to lift?
    - 火災

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    5d 8h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Is it better to focus on one area at a time?

I usually focus on legs and chest on the same day but I heard it's better to have a leg day and then a chest day and so on. Does it really matter? I go to the gym 4/week.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    13d 17h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by salsadog View Post
    Is it better to focus on one area at a time?

I usually focus on legs and chest on the same day but I heard it's better to have a leg day and then a chest day and so on. Does it really matter? I go to the gym 4/week.
    4x a week is good. Your training split is usually up to you but a 4x a week does open up to a lot of possibilities. I usually let the client's schedule decide their workout split.

Im going to assume this is for basic fat loss or muscle gain. For 4x a week I usually advice a back/bi chest/tri shoulders / HIIT and leg day. Or another would be a personal fav which is pull, push, legs, push (so forth and so on)

Be smart and avoid working two large muscle groups together unless you only have enough time for 2x a week workouts

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Todoroki View Post
    What are your go-to gym songs that get you absolutely hyped to lift?
    Lol id like to ask you the same thing! My playlist is all over the place with rap, rock, and housee!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to leoric For This Useful Post:

salsadog (07-14-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    5d 8h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    [QUOTE=leoric;921134]4x a week is good. Your training split is usually up to you but a 4x a week does open up to a lot of possibilities. I usually let the client's schedule decide their workout split.

Im going to assume this is for basic fat loss or muscle gain. For 4x a week I usually advice a back/bi chest/tri shoulders / HIIT and leg day. Or another would be a personal fav which is pull, push, legs, push (so forth and so on)

Be smart and avoid working two large muscle groups together unless you only have enough time for 2x a week workouts[COLOR="Silver"]

Thanks a lot for this!

Another question:
    I have "hip dips" aka:
    (you need an account to see links)

I'm doing hip abductors because I heard it helps but are there any other exercises I should focus on?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    13d 17h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    [QUOTE=salsadog;921180]
    Quote Originally Posted by leoric View Post
    4x a week is good. Your training split is usually up to you but a 4x a week does open up to a lot of possibilities. I usually let the client's schedule decide their workout split.

Be smart and avoid working two large muscle groups together unless you only have enough time for 2x a week workouts[COLOR="Silver"]

Thanks a lot for this!

Another question:
    I have "hip dips" aka:
    (you need an account to see links)

I'm doing hip abductors because I heard it helps but are there any other exercises I should focus on?
    Ah hip dips is usually addressed with glute exercises. Side lunges, curtsy lunges, fire hydrants and the different variations of glute bridges (narrow, wide, shoulder-width). I would advise you to use the TRX cable while performing these exercises to activate the muscle and familiarize yourself with the movements.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to leoric For This Useful Post:

salsadog (07-14-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    14d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Thank you that you're willing to share you knowledge and answer questions. I have some and I hope they are not too stupid, if they are, just ignore them
    Are there any exercises that help shape the calves and the ankle (I'm a girl, if that's of any importance)? I also have lower feet arch and that often causes cramps, I'd like to strengthen and stretch my feet muscles, are there any exercises about it at all?
    And I also have a mine problem with a vertebral disc and I've been told to strengthen my back muscles to help support my vertebral column, could you advise something in that sense?
    Thanks again!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    24d 17h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I tore my quad a while back, and my left knee never really went back to normal. ATM my main leg exercises are squats, leg press, and deadlifts. Do you have any recommendations for exercises/stretches I should try?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    13d 17h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by nousha View Post
    Thank you that you're willing to share you knowledge and answer questions. I have some and I hope they are not too stupid, if they are, just ignore them
    Are there any exercises that help shape the calves and the ankle (I'm a girl, if that's of any importance)? I also have lower feet arch and that often causes cramps, I'd like to strengthen and stretch my feet muscles, are there any exercises about it at all?
    And I also have a mine problem with a vertebral disc and I've been told to strengthen my back muscles to help support my vertebral column, could you advise something in that sense?
    Thanks again!
    Your foot problem can actually be helped with ankle strengthening and exercises for that will help shape your calves as well.

Standing calf raises are something you can do at home or at the gym. Simply find an elevated ledge (doesnt have to be too high, just shin height is good, enough for you to tiptoe with one leg without your heel touching the floor). Stand on one leg while carrying any weight thats comfortable with you on the same side and tiptoe up and stretch the calf down all the way.

Also the correct shoes are extremely important for correcting your arch. Your local running sports store may help with that.

May i have more information about your disc problem?

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    I tore my quad a while back, and my left knee never really went back to normal. ATM my main leg exercises are squats, leg press, and deadlifts. Do you have any recommendations for exercises/stretches I should try?
    Have you tried myofacial release with stretching before each workout? Foam rolling can do wonders!

And is it a sharp pain in your knee and during what movements do you feel it?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to leoric For This Useful Post:

Gremlin (07-15-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    24d 17h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by leoric View Post
    Have you tried myofacial release with stretching before each workout? Foam rolling can do wonders!

And is it a sharp pain in your knee and during what movements do you feel it?
    I'll give that a go, thanks! It used to be a sharp pain, its a lot better now though. It mostly feels like my knee is very weak/loose, if that makes sense? It feels worst doing squats.