Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

TFW - Gem edition

The feeling when you realize that the majority of the gem buying threads were run by botters moving treasure around.

Holy heck have those areas ground to a screeching halt in the official forums. There was literally only 1 person buying gems the other day, and they wanted was 81. Heh, they had, no lie, about 6 people jump into the thread trying to sell them gems in under 5 minutes. Meanwhile, there's at least 8 regulars trying to sell gems and there's not that many takers for them.

Meanwhile, people in the forums are still trying to sell stuff all high and getting pissed because no one has treasure to buy their flipped gem market stuff or overpriced dragons.

What a mess, perhaps the admins will realize that short of automating it, legit no one has a good time grinding or can do it for very long.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PabstBlueRibbon For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    oh man i feel you there. i've been having the hardest time sellin my gems for treasure. Also, do you think this will lower the t:g ratio? it's been sitting at 850:1 after that brief spike of 1000:1 last year.
    meanwhile my coli trainers on my shell account are just rotting because there's no bots to set them on.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    29d 7h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Definitely miss the bot, I can hardly solve the captcha myself

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 20h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by PabstBlueRibbon View Post
    The feeling when you realize that the majority of the gem buying threads were run by botters moving treasure around.

Holy heck have those areas ground to a screeching halt in the official forums. There was literally only 1 person buying gems the other day, and they wanted was 81. Heh, they had, no lie, about 6 people jump into the thread trying to sell them gems in under 5 minutes. Meanwhile, there's at least 8 regulars trying to sell gems and there's not that many takers for them.

Meanwhile, people in the forums are still trying to sell stuff all high and getting pissed because no one has treasure to buy their flipped gem market stuff or overpriced dragons.

What a mess, perhaps the admins will realize that short of automating it, legit no one has a good time grinding or can do it for very long.
    Fucking the coli bot really took a toll on the market in general.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lapis View Post
    Definitely miss the bot, I can hardly solve the captcha myself
    Hey, if you really wanna fight the captcha, send me some screen shots of the captchas! I'm always looking for new volunteers.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Banyanas View Post
    oh man i feel you there. i've been having the hardest time sellin my gems for treasure. Also, do you think this will lower the t:g ratio? it's been sitting at 850:1 after that brief spike of 1000:1 last year.
    meanwhile my coli trainers on my shell account are just rotting because there's no bots to set them on.
    Tell me about it, all I've been able to do is use the gems I have to buy cheap fodder (no more than 8g each) and train/exalt to convert. So honestly, I'm having a pretty high conversion rate, but it takes me about 30 minutes for each turn over, so that's a bit of a hobble. I have gems, I just can't do much with them because no one's buying.

I think the spike happened because WC scrolls cycled in for a while at that time, but the ratio spikes every time they cycle something in like the silks or the seafarer stuff. Right now the [S] threads are selling at 1:950 but buying at 850, so I doubt if that's going to be too sustainable in the long run.

I remember very early on in the game the ratio was 80t:1g because grinding was so difficult. It'll be interesting to see if the onsite ratio continues to drop as the exchange market is now relying on human grinders. Whenever tabs comes out, they're supposed to be for treasure, so I'm not sure what that's going to do either.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    29d 7h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahsoka View Post
    Hey, if you really wanna fight the captcha, send me some screen shots of the captchas! I'm always looking for new volunteers.
    I’ll try when I get home o: Is a new bot currently in the works?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    9d 6h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    you guys need more people for captcha pictures for a bot? i would love one

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    im grinding in coli right now, i'll screenshot as much as i can !

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

also im buying gems! for irl money and some treasure i think