5/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    97d 1h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by SmileYaDead View Post
    I'm sorry, but asking what are everyone's thoughts and then saying please keep negative opinions to yourself kind of contradict each other. Did he deserve to die? Probably not. Did he bring this on himself with his (past) behaviour? Probably. Being "just a kid" doesn't give you any free passes, something that kids and teens tend to forget these days. Is (you need an account to see links) okay? Or (you need an account to see links)? They're both kids, why should they be responsible?

Also taken from wikipedia:
    Erm.

Taken from Geneva's twitter:

it’s disgusting that people are speaking for me. i don’t care if no one cared about me however many months ago, i didn’t lose my life. he did. it’s permanent. i’m still here. like how do you think that makes me feel? everyone expecting me to be relieved or happy?! no, i’m broken.
    It's kind of like what happened between Chris Brown and Rihanna. I'm sure everyone here HATES Chris Brown with a passion, and rightfully so, but they don't focus on the fact that Rihanna also hit him too on multiple occasions. Chris said when they were together she'd give him scratches on his face and not out of self-defense. Doesn't make it right, obviously, but both of them were toxic for one another, and I'm 100% positive that was the case with X and Geneva. Geneva clearly still loved him despite what happened, just like Rihanna does with Chris. So no, I really don't think a toxic relationship or any of those incidents involving her were "probably" why he was murdered in a parking lot by someone whom he probably didn't even know. Plus I'm pretty sure the whole thing with Geneva happened two years ago, so there's that too.

That being said, I think the lack of empathy toward X is sad. It's like the media when they post a black person's mugshot on tv when said black person was murdered by cops in cold blood, just to get the public to think "hmmmmmm, maybe they deserved it!" when 9 times out of 10, they didn't.

I just want to hear everyone's thoughts about what's currently surrounding the situation. You can still debate, but let's avoid saying things like "ARGH HE'S A WOMAN BEATER HE DESERVED IT AAAAHHH". Clraik isn't a spot for negativity so let's try our best to keep it that way.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-20-2018 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typo

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Dog For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (06-20-2018),Synth Salazzle (06-20-2018)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    Mourn the artist - though I didn't like his music it's clear that they've helped many people through their own problems.
    But the person, nope. I've only heard bad things about the guy, from torture to sexual abuse to threatening violence, I can't bring myself to like him as a person so I try separating the two.
    He didn't deserve to die, maybe if he was a rapist or a lunatic serial killer, but I always disliked how when someone dies, suddenly that person becomes an angel and you can only talk good things about them. When I die I hope my sisters roast me like they do right now.
    If you wanna be remembered as a good person in death, then please don't do stupid shit in life and expect everything to be forgotten and forgiven once you kick the bucket.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cybun For This Useful Post:

Aska (06-22-2018),Gremlin (06-20-2018),Owl (06-21-2018),SmileYaDead (06-21-2018),Synth Salazzle (06-20-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    97d 1h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    Mourn the artist - though I didn't like his music it's clear that they've helped many people through their own problems.
    But the person, nope. I've only heard bad things about the guy, from torture to sexual abuse to threatening violence, I can't bring myself to like him as a person so I try separating the two.
    He didn't deserve to die, maybe if he was a rapist or a lunatic serial killer, but I always disliked how when someone dies, suddenly that person becomes an angel and you can only talk good things about them. When I die I hope my sisters roast me like they do right now.
    If you wanna be remembered as a good person in death, then please don't do stupid shit in life and expect everything to be forgotten and forgiven once you kick the bucket.
    When you say you "heard things", it makes it hard to agree with your post. It's easy to hate and talk bad things about someone you don't know, so I think people should do their own research like I did and form an opinion for yourself and not jump on the bandwagon with everyone else. No disrespect to you @(you need an account to see links), I'm just sayin'.

But I also think there's room for change in every young person. I saw a facebook post yesterday about Malcom X saying if he was killed at the age of 20, he would have died an abuser, a thief, an addict, and a narrow-minded depressed & violent criminal.

Just food for thought.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 8h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    I always disliked how when someone dies, suddenly that person becomes an angel and you can only talk good things about them.

EXACTLY THIS. I hate that.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Aska (06-22-2018),SmileYaDead (06-21-2018)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookymane View Post
    When you say you "heard things", it makes it hard to agree with your post. It's easy to hate and talk bad things about someone you don't know, so I think people should do their own research like I did and form an opinion for yourself and not jump on the bandwagon with everyone else. No disrespect to you @(you need an account to see links), I'm just sayin'.

But I also think there's room for change in every young person. I saw a facebook post yesterday about Malcom X saying if he was killed at the age of 20, he would have died an abuser, a thief, an addict, and a narrow-minded depressed & violent criminal.

Just food for thought.
    Nah you're right, not disrespecting me in any way. But hearing and reading is all I can do to learn about this person, so that stays as long as something or someone doesn't disprove it.
    I agree that there is room for change in almost anyone, those who seek to better themselves will surely find it, but their past will never get erased, even worse when you're famous and when the internet exists.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cybun For This Useful Post:

Black Dog (06-20-2018),Synth Salazzle (06-21-2018)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 7h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Black Dog (06-20-2018),Synth Salazzle (06-21-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    183 times
    Time Online
    80d 15h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    I'm sorry, but asking what are everyone's thoughts and then saying please keep negative opinions to yourself kind of contradict each other. Did he deserve to die? Probably not. Did he bring this on himself with his (past) behaviour? Probably. Being "just a kid" doesn't give you any free passes, something that kids and teens tend to forget these days. Is (you need an account to see links) okay? Or (you need an account to see links)? They're both kids, why should they be responsible?

Also taken from wikipedia:
    This sort of stuff makes my blood boil with injustice, ugh. Thanks for having the guts to post an unpopular opinion (that I agree with).
    Last edited by Forever; 03-08-2020 at 04:25 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forever For This Useful Post:

SmileYaDead (06-21-2018),Synth Salazzle (06-21-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    97d 1h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m

You don't have to like him, but you have to admit this is a really nice video.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dramatical View Post
    God, thanks for sharing this. I think. I'm boiling with rage and injustice, so it's hard to tell if I'm truly grateful or just bloodthirsty. 8D LOL seriously though.
    This sort of stuff bothers the shit out of me. I'm so sick of people (sheeple?) who refuse to put in the effort required to logically analyze a situation, rather than giving in to their knee-jerk emotional reactions and defaulting to faulty reasoning in order to validate their reaction (i.e. validate themselves!). I hate people who choose to believe everything is cut-and-dry, black-and-white, their way or not. When a person goes off like a broken record about how "you should never hit a child" and "it doesn't matter - he's responsible for this because he's the adult, and the kid is a child"... I just want to puke. Because people like this are incapable of thinking beyond their own personal interests. They do not care to really THINK about the situation, because they only think about themselves! Either because that's all they are cognitively capable of doing, or that's what they feel most comfortable doing. They spout off all this crap like parrots, acting like moral officers, set on condemning those who *dare* challenge their emotion-based, judgmental, self-driven beliefs like, "A man should never hit a woman! A child is always innocent! It is impossible for there to exist any situation in which a man hitting a woman could be justifiable, BECAUSE I AM JUSTICE. It is impossible for there to be a situation in which a child is the guilty one, because I AM JUSTICE AND CHILDREN ARE INNOCENT." Ughhhhhh I can't. I can't. I give up on people, honestly.
    I don't think anyone here is saying X is innocent. I'm just saying someone's past shouldn't define them, but rather shape them, and he was on his way to turning his life around and becoming a better person.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-20-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookymane View Post
    Erm.

Taken from Geneva's twitter:

It's kind of like what happened between Chris Brown and Rihanna. I'm sure everyone here HATES Chris Brown with a passion, and rightfully so, but they don't focus on the fact that Rihanna also hit him too on multiple occasions. Chris said when they were together she'd give him scratches on his face and not out of self-defense. Doesn't make it right, obviously, but both of them were toxic for one another, and I'm 100% positive that was the case with X and Geneva. Geneva clearly still loved him despite what happened, just like Rihanna does with Chris. So no, I really don't think a toxic relationship or any of those incidents involving her were "probably" why he was murdered in a parking lot by someone whom he probably didn't even know. Plus I'm pretty sure the whole thing with Geneva happened two years ago, so there's that too.
    I wasn't saying "probably" with ONLY the abusive relationship in mind, he obviously hung out with the wrong people at earlier parts of his life, e.g when was put in jail for assaulting and burglary. Those kinds of relationships don't just go away, they stick. If he wanted out, good for him, but it's usually not that easy if you know a lot of shit about people that can land them serious jail time or worse.

That being said, I think the lack of empathy toward X is sad. It's like the media when they post a black person's mugshot on tv when said black person was murdered by cops in cold blood, just to get the public to think "hmmmmmm, maybe they deserved it!" when 9 times out of 10, they didn't.
    "Murdered by cops in cold blood", how many times has that happened that a cop just out of the blue sees a black guy and decides "Dude, look, I'm gonna shoot this black guy just because, it's gonna be great, but we'll tell everyone he was attacking us, okay? Okay, great! *bangbang*" Is there a gun violence problem in the US? Yes. Are your cops trained to shoot to kill? Probably. Do they shoot every (black) guy they see? No. Are they shooting in self defence because they're afraid of their own lives? Yes.

Should the woman have shot the guy in the arm/leg, possibly making him able to still get a few rounds off? Probably not, because she was scared of her own life as well as others.

Quick search on Google shows (you need an account to see links), but you don't see white people rioting because a white man was "murdered in cold blood".

I just want to hear everyone's thoughts about what's currently surrounding the situation. You can still debate, but let's avoid saying things like "ARGH HE'S A WOMAN BEATER HE DESERVED IT AAAAHHH". Clraik isn't a spot for negativity so let's try our best to keep it that way.
    No one right out said he deserved it. If you want to debate, there is going to be some people that don't see things the way you see them, you can't call a different opinion negativity just because you don't agree with it. This whole story is a negative one on its' own, since someone was shot to death.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SmileYaDead For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (06-21-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    97d 1h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    I wasn't saying "probably" with ONLY the abusive relationship in mind, he obviously hung out with the wrong people at earlier parts of his life, e.g when was put in jail for assaulting and burglary. Those kinds of relationships don't just go away, they stick. If he wanted out, good for him, but it's usually not that easy if you know a lot of shit about people that can land them serious jail time or worse.

"Murdered by cops in cold blood", how many times has that happened that a cop just out of the blue sees a black guy and decides "Dude, look, I'm gonna shoot this black guy just because, it's gonna be great, but we'll tell everyone he was attacking us, okay? Okay, great! *bangbang*" Is there a gun violence problem in the US? Yes. Are your cops trained to shoot to kill? Probably. Do they shoot every (black) guy they see? No. Are they shooting in self defence because they're afraid of their own lives? Yes.

Should the woman have shot the guy in the arm/leg, possibly making him able to still get a few rounds off? Probably not, because she was scared of her own life as well as others.

Quick search on Google shows (you need an account to see links), but you don't see white people rioting because a white man was "murdered in cold blood".

No one right out said he deserved it. If you want to debate, there is going to be some people that don't see things the way you see them, you can't call a different opinion negativity just because you don't agree with it. This whole story is a negative one on its' own, since someone was shot to death.
    Interesting. I honestly did not know that many white people had been killed in 2017 by police. You got me there. But if you look at those statistics, you'll see right there how many times black people have been shot by police. Though it is less than white people (honestly amazes me because you NEVER hear about it lol), it's still quite a significant amount. Can't deny that. It is a problem. Police brutality is a problem.

Also, taken from facebook: [video=]https://www.facebook.com/policethepoliceACP/videos/2244819848868332/[/video]

Though it is not a black person he was shooting at, was this police officer's life in ANY danger? Why did he have to shoot him? Because he resisted arrest? Come on.

>shoots guy multiple times and has the nerve to ask if the person's okay when he's obviously unresponsive and probably dead
    >claims he had a gun, but now he can't find it lol
    >a lot of bystanders came to yell and videotape the officer and most of them were white/hispanic.

That entire FB page is filled with videos like that. I think we're getting off topic now though, so agree to disagree. I do agree 100% with that very last part though, and with that, I apologize for my wording in previous posts.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-21-2018 at 06:16 AM.