I believe gun control is necessary. But I do not think banning guns as a whole is necessary. A lot of gun violence in the states can be fixed by closing the economic gaps between rich and poor, but that's a discussion in itself that I'm not gonna get into. Banning automatic weapons makes sense, at a minimum those should be restricted to ownership by gun ranges only, there's no use for automatic weapons outside of entertainment and warfare. The big problem with gun laws in the states is that every state needs to follow suit for it to work. Look at Chicago, tough gun laws yet there's a high rate of gun violence. Why? Because the Illinois' shithole neighbour Indiana gives guns out like candy. All the criminals have to do is drive to Indiana and bam Illinois gun laws are useless. The argument that if guns are banned only the bad guys will have guns is ignorant as fuck, if you follow that logic then why do we bother controlling access to stuff like recreational drugs. Why do we criminalize murder if it doesn't stop 'bad guys' from doing it. USA needs to follow in the footsteps of its neighbour to the north. Canada decent gun laws for the most part, the laws also don't really vary by location. Background checks, banning convicted criminals, and requiring fire arms safety courses are important. With all this being said, I plan on getting my possession and acquisition license in the future so I can go hunting.