Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are songs that make you feel hopeful or chill, but perhaps a little sad?

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 16h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m

What are songs that make you feel hopeful or chill, but perhaps a little sad?

Welcome! I'm kinda new yet also not so new to this community. I somehow ended back on Neopets/Clraik to find a place to kind of hold onto while things in my real life go through lots of changes. I'm about to graduate college next month, and I'm absolutely terrified. Lately, I've been feeling a mixed bag of feelings - hopeful, sad, excited, a bit lonely, and most of all, uncertain. I'll be moving far from most of my friends and I'll be moving in with my sibling who I'm close yet distant with. I don't doubt the strength of my close relationships and I'm sure I'll be able to keep in contact with those I am close to, but it still doesn't change that I feel a bit sad. I have this brother who I love dearly but I feel like we are constantly at odds with each other - different values, outlooks on life, and... he's taken on a sort of strange father role despite being my older brother. It's a very difficult relationship to describe. I love him to death, but I'm hurt that our relationship isn't as close as we used to be. I feel like he has such high expectations of me and can be quite harsh. I feel a little overwhelmed by him sometimes.

I guess overall, I'm just feeling really, really uncertain. I'm hoping the best for my future and for yours too should you be going through uncertain times as well.

Anyways, through these uncertain times, I've been listening to a lot of songs that make me feel hopeful/chill yet a little sad? I'm not quite sure how to describe the vibe of the songs I've been listening to. Chill but a little sad perhaps? I think the dual feelings I derive from listening to these kind of songs are helping me feel better. So feel free to put down a song that might fit the vibe! Maybe someone else who is going through similar feelings can listen to these songs as I will.

Some songs I can recommend that match this vibe that I'm thinking of are:
    Love Like You - Steven Universe

Time Machine - Mj Apanay and Aren Park

Heavy with Hoping - Madeon
    Last edited by Cerberus; 04-25-2023 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Edited to Youtube Links

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cerberus For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (06-15-2023),DarkSkies (04-25-2023),Excalibur (04-25-2023),Peaches_and_Mocha (01-27-2024)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I totally get what youre feeling. as we grow older so many things start to change. you do not have to get rammed by everything at once. I found it was easy for me when i separated situations from others (thoughts in my head) and sorted like my pokemon cards, or even when i was in the business of welding using LoFi and similar music to create my actually though process of the situations i was going through. i learned things change and thats alright. even with how fast life takes you, you can always slow down to either appreciate yourself or choices youve made along the way and create a path for your new current situation. i wish you well <3 here are some songs i like:

i use Summit as a chillax type and nostalgia:

i use with you friends to calm and kind of meditate:

if i want and need to feel the hurt (typically an ex lol) i use weeknd privilege:

and when i feel like theres nothing at all... i use faith to help see more hope:

be safe, be well friend.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    84d 15h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Right now this is the song that comes to my mind

Battle Scars - Paradise Fears

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 16h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I totally get what youre feeling. as we grow older so many things start to change. you do not have to get rammed by everything at once. I found it was easy for me when i separated situations from others (thoughts in my head) and sorted like my pokemon cards, or even when i was in the business of welding using LoFi and similar music to create my actually though process of the situations i was going through. i learned things change and thats alright. even with how fast life takes you, you can always slow down to either appreciate yourself or choices youve made along the way and create a path for your new current situation. i wish you well <3 here are some songs i like:

i use Summit as a chillax type and nostalgia:

i use with you friends to calm and kind of meditate:

if i want and need to feel the hurt (typically an ex lol) i use weeknd privilege:

and when i feel like theres nothing at all... i use faith to help see more hope:

be safe, be well friend.
    Thank you so much for this really thoughtful post ;-; I appreciated reading your words. I never thought of it like that so maybe I will try separating situations from people around me. Thank you for wishing me well and I hope the best for you too haha. I love the Weeknd. I'll definitely be listening to these x)). Thanks for taking the time to write this out! Means a lot to me.

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    58d 14h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m

Has anyone mentioned this song yet? ;-;

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (06-14-2023),Cherubi (06-14-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    9d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

The entire Lights - Midnight Machines album is pretty chill and sad/hopeful

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chilljoy For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (06-14-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    31d 20h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 8m
    Not to be so cliché:

A friend of mine is a .MAJOR. Taylor Swift fan. She waited hours for tickets, went to the concert, dressed up, all of the things. Has followed her for years: a certified "Swiftie". I've never been a huge, crazy fan like her, but I used to like Taylor's songs when I was a teenager (as many teenage girls did) but kind of fell by the wayside as I grew up.

That being said, my friend would not stop playing her new album and this song in particular really stuck with me:

The last part where she tells herself,
    "You've got no reason to be afraid
    You're on your own, kid
    Yeah, you can face this
    You're on your own, kid
    You always have been
    "

It gives me positive "self-talk" vibes from a place of bad experiences, like she is the only person who she can rely on. And its something I have always felt, and I've grown to love myself and be there for me and learn to prioritize me. So this song really got to me hard!

So kudos, Taylor, you finally got me with one! (and my friend!)
    @(you need an account to see links) I hope this song gives you comfort like it gave me!
    Last edited by goodnightmoon; 06-14-2023 at 01:33 PM.

thank you Lyrichord for the amazing avatar!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to goodnightmoon For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (06-14-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    53m
    I have dealt with a lot of loss. My daughter, dad, grandma all in the same year! My mother-in-law 3 weeks before my dad passed away! So this is my anthem that I listen to all the time!

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (06-14-2023),Cinnamoroll (06-15-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    26d 1h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m

This one always gets me :'(

◞ thank you @KJiU for my Sunflower scene + @kittyray for my lion!

Profile Picture by Lyricchord & Signature from /~Stoffig

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    355d 8h 43m