Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump's Banning Transgender People From Serving - Right or Wrong?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m

Donald Trump's Banning Transgender People From Serving - Right or Wrong?

Donald Trump posted on Twitter today that transgender people will not be permitted to serve in the military:

What are your guys' opinion on this? Is he right in this decision, or is it discrimination towards the minority group?
    I don't believe he's right to do this. To assume that all transgender people aren't fit to serve is discrimination, in my opinion. This lumps the entire group together and doesn't show any exceptions. What if there are transgender people who aren't on medication, if the fact that they need medication could be an argument? There may be some people with mental/physical issues, but that does come with any group of people.

Let me just say this now, personal attacks, flaming, and harassment of any kind won't be tolerated. If you disagree with someone, keep it civil and don't start calling each other names.
    i love luna

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Goner (07-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I disagree with keeping them out of the service, if ANYBODY wants to serve our country, they should be allowed to do so.
    However, I am very against the military having to pay for transgender surgeries and medical costs. My taxpayer dollars shouldn't have to cover your optional/elective surgery, your own health insurance or pocket should be paying. We need to cut back our military spending, not increase it.
    PM me to see what I have up for sale! Always selling UCs/NP/Accounts!
    Offering free PIN cracks to Clraik rank (and higher!), just shoot me a PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Urbex For This Useful Post:

Aura (07-26-2017),Daviid (07-26-2017),Goner (07-26-2017),Noriko (07-15-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    The only reason I see to do that would be, if anything, some people feeling uncomfortable about shower time? I don't know.

As far as I know there are already women in the military, and at some point there was a vote to require women to register for the draft.
    So what extra spending?

As long as the person in question passes all tests and all those necessary things to enter the military, why the hell care if the person in question is man woman transgender furry or apache helicopter.

Enviado desde mi S3 mediante Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daviid For This Useful Post:

Stocking Anarchy (07-27-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 44m
    To put it simply

- If they're transitioning:
    No

- After full transition, if they don't need to take hormones or spend hours "dilating" and are screened like everyone else:
    Yes

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    13d 12h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    He's an idiot in general. Paying for their surgeries is different. That's a personal issue they should fund themselves since it's not life or death. Anyone who is mentally stable and in decent health should be able to serve.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I know one of the primary reasons for this decision, like @(you need an account to see links) stated, is because most of the time the military is looked at to cover the costs of operations/treatments and such. Previously, the policies under Obama required the government to pay for all medical treatments. Perhaps if they took that stipulation away, then things would be fine.

I don't think it has anything to do with an individuals ability to properly serve their country. The transgender people who are already in the military, im not sure what's going to happen there. Not sure of all the details right now. I can't say that I entirely support or oppose this decision at the moment. I guess we will see how it ends up working out.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    A blanket ban is discrimination, that cannot be disputed.
    I would be in favour of it however, I don't think it's the governments responsibility to pay for transitions.
    And if someone is going through such a tough mental/physical battle along with hormone therapy then you'd have to assume that they would not be fit for combat either.

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Mophead (07-26-2017),paris hilton (07-26-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    I get the reasoning behind that decision but I don't support it.

I'm not very informed about how the military in the USA supports the health of their members, do they usually cover any kind of medical treatments that military people need? In a 100%? Like, if I'm part of it and I want to get my boobs done, would they pay for me? Or is there a limit?

If there's no limit on that, I would say is the right thing to do since it could be exploited and abused (aka, transgenders that can't afford treatment would get in just to have the healthcare perks that come with it). But they shouldn't discriminate and if it was me, I would accept transgenders but don't provide the health support on that kind of treatment, that should be paid by them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    21d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    "tremendous medical costs"

A 2016 RAND Corporation study estimates that transgender make up 0.1-0.5% of active duty military. If military health care were extended to transgendered service members, increases in expenditures would represent between 0.005 to 0.017 percent of overall Department of Defense health care expenditures.

Citing tremendous medical costs like it's going to make or break us is pretty disingenuous. Let's be real for starters.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sugar Rush For This Useful Post:

Mindfang (07-26-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    To put it simply

- If they're transitioning:
    No

- After full transition, if they don't need to take hormones or spend hours "dilating" and are screened like everyone else:
    Yes

the thing about this though is you never really "stop" transitioning. you dont just stop having to take hormones, and if you do, you'll start detransitioning (some are lucky and dont have this happen, but ive been off hrt for a year for health reasons and ive since started having periods/my voice is getting a little lighter/my hips and thighs are more pronounced and "feminine"), and just getting surgery doesnt mean youre automatically fully trans. theres no end to your transition.

so in saying this, youre essentially saying that trans people shouldnt be in the military... i know thats not what you said, and im not intentionally putting words in your mouth, im just pointing out that, for a majority if not all of trans people, theres no end to transition and so under your choices they wouldnt be allowed in the military.

do you mean top/bottom surgery and living full-time, 100% read as their gender? what if they dont want one of those surgeries (another personal example: i want a hysterectomy, but in order to do that, the nhs is insisting i get full bottom surgery to get a penis, which i 100% dont want because theres no One Surgery for dfab people getting penises, its a constant run to and from hospital to get changes done until you have a sort of sub-par looking cock, and the bottom (HEH) line is i wouldnt be comfortable with one / i have a trans woman friend whos comfortable with her penis for the same reasons)? what of people who cant afford to transition, or cant because of their living situation? my trans friend was recently discharged from the military after 3 months of boot camp because it came out that he wasnt a cis female like they assumed, and also he lives with depression (biggest reason for discharge, but they did mention the gender thing while discharging him). Because he wasnt "fully male", he wasnt allowed to continue training for the military, but if he transitions at home, his transphobic parents will disown him, and he cant afford the basic care for trans people thats necessary to transition on his own.

so in those cases what then?