Thread: Made a mistake when moving bought item - will I get frozen?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    21d 15h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

Made a mistake when moving bought item - will I get frozen?

So I bought a neopets account with a couple of valuable items on it. It was my first time doing this so I sent an item worth 200k to a friend's old account with nothing valuable on it to test if it would get frozen. My mistake was that I logged into the bought account on one of my college's computers thinking it would have a different IP than my friend's account, and I didn't realize that when computers are using the same wifi their IP address is the same. The problem is that I also play neopets on my main using the wifi here, and I've traded pets with that friend before. Even though I haven't actually cheated on my main or sides, is there a chance I'll get frozen?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Greco951 View Post
    So I bought a neopets account with a couple of valuable items on it. It was my first time doing this so I sent an item worth 200k to a friend's old account with nothing valuable on it to test if it would get frozen. My mistake was that I logged into the bought account on one of my college's computers thinking it would have a different IP than my friend's account, and I didn't realize that when computers are using the same wifi their IP address is the same. The problem is that I also play neopets on my main using the wifi here, and I've traded pets with that friend before. Even though I haven't actually cheated on my main or sides, is there a chance I'll get frozen?
    Possible, I'd stay low.

Let the accounts rest and then try again but this time using proxies/vpn.

But i think for a first time, single item or two just being moved it's not a big deal. But if its apparent that the one account is being scraped cleaned, they will know.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    I doubt you will, but there's always a chance. The item is only worth 200k, too, so it's not worth a lot and I seriously doubt you will be.
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Alright so a couple points I'd say about this:
    1) 200k isn't "valuable" enough for TNT to do too much investigating. Maybe "old TNT" would've, but I'm sure you'll be fine for this. People get away much more.
    2) TNT knows more than one person on a college campus could be playing Neo, I've never heard of anybody getting frozen for having multiple main accounts citing "college wifi" as the cause. Logging into both accounts on the same IP isn't something you'd do ideally, but if you're going to do it, a college campus is the safest bet.
    3) Since you haven't cheated much or at all on either accounts, you'll probably be fine. You also said you've established a link between the accounts via pet trading.

All in all, probably nothing to stress over! Hell, if you do get frozen I can toss ya 200k
    Like others have said, just lay low for a while and don't be too suspicious
    PM me to see what I have up for sale! Always selling UCs/NP/Accounts!
    Offering free PIN cracks to Clraik rank (and higher!), just shoot me a PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    21d 15h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    Possible, I'd stay low.

Let the accounts rest and then try again but this time using proxies/vpn.

But i think for a first time, single item or two just being moved it's not a big deal. But if its apparent that the one account is being scraped cleaned, they will know.
    Thanks for the quick reply! How long do you think it'll take until I know if my account and my friend's are safe?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    47d 17h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I'd say if you're not frozen in the next 48 hours, you're fine.
    TNT is slow to unfreeze, but fast to freeze.

But I'd seriously doubt you'll get frozen. The item is so cheap and it was only one item. TNT ain't got time fo' dat.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    21d 15h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Thanks everyone! Next time I'll be more careful and use a proxy or a computer off campus

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Greco951 View Post
    Thanks everyone! Next time I'll be more careful and use a proxy or a computer off campus
    You mean proxy. Don't use a home ip. You never know

For the most part people don't get frozen unless they are obtaining lots of riches in a short manner of time for nothing in exchange.
    Frozen for logging in from too many ips
    And the other more notorious is being reported

The thing is, TNT doesn't have to prove anything. They just need to be proactive and respond to issues and theories. They use it as a way to ban people and then make them prove themselves to get It back.