Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Folks in retail, what is the dumbest question a customer has ever asked you?

Hybrid View

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Folks in retail, what is the dumbest question a customer has ever asked you?

My favourite was when a lady demanded to have a discount on an item because it was dirty...it was a plastic swimming pool...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helios For This Useful Post:

Komari (06-12-2017),Pusheen (04-10-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I've been asked if I enjoyed working somewhere before...

To me that was a dumb question, but I guess some people might enjoy the monotony of working as a cashier in a grocery store *shrug*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiona View Post
    I've been asked if I enjoyed working somewhere before...

To me that was a dumb question, but I guess some people might enjoy the monotony of working as a cashier in a grocery store *shrug*
    I've been there before as well... I also has a gent who told me I should smile more as a cashier making ($11 CAD/hr), as he paid with a credit card which needs a 100K+ salary to obtain. I've never given a bigger scowl in my life.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helios For This Useful Post:

Corvid (06-16-2017),Komari (06-12-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    8d 14h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    People often come to my job and ask to return items that they broke and have had for over 2 years. They're not warranted items, cuz they're mugs and stuff. It happens all the time

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    18d 18h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I have an online shop and receive dumb questions weekly. My favourite is when they ask if a certain colour is in stock... when it CLEARLY shows [out of stock] in the listing.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Oh, and when people ask questions that are clearly answered in the "item description" that NO ONE READS!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xCarRadio For This Useful Post:

bluevitriol (04-01-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    2d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I was asked if you could get a draft beer to go through the drive thru...thought he was joking but he was serious. People come with open beers all the time in their cars like wtf.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

I also got asked if I can put a womans food in a bag that I have not touched, like what do you want me to do use tongs to open a fucking bag? I'm using my hand. This guy also always asks for rare beef and will then proceed to "moo" at us and say that he wants it like that, still alive basically and bloody as hell (roast beef)

not retail, but food service lol
    Last edited by Efron; 03-31-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Lana Del Rey

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Efron For This Useful Post:

Pusheen (04-10-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I started working at a grocery store the end of October, I can't choose a stupidest, but I can add more if requested.

"6 for $10, what does that mean?"
    "That means when you buy 6 of them, it's $10"
    "So, what does that mean"
    "That means each individual one costs whatever 10 divided by 6"
    "What that fuck does that mean? Also, do you have this item in stock? There isn't any on the shelf"

Note, it was super busy on a Sunday, our busiest day of the week. Middle of the day. No shit we're sometimes sold out of popular items, and we don't really keep anything in stock in the back. We have a truck come in daily.

OH AN OTHER GOOD ONE I HAD!!!

I was closing this night, had someone come in to buy ~$25 worth of stuff. Note, I work for a local chain. He wanted to pay with a gift card, when I saw it, it was a presidents chioce gift card. This conversation happened.

"Uh, that gift card won't work, we aren't owned by presidents choice."
    "My brother uses it all the time at the the gas station(of the same local chain) all the time in (town over)"
    "Are you sure? Because that gift card uses a bar code, all our cards need to be swiped."
    "I'm sure of it, he does it ALL THE TIME"
    "It's not working."
    "Well, try scanning it see if that works"
    *computer rings up "item not found"*
    "Yeah, not working"
    "..."
    "..."
    "So do I get my food"
    "Not without paying for it"

And he walks out.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boob For This Useful Post:

athron (06-12-2017),Pusheen (04-10-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    "Do you sell shirty shirts? Like you know.. shirts."

Showed him shirts and said that wasn't what he was looking for so I told him we had no shirts.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (04-05-2017),Ellie_Baby (04-07-2017),Komari (06-12-2017),Pusheen (04-10-2017),teddy (04-24-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Not necessarily a question but still a dumb experience (I wasn't working but this was from my boss):
    Someone came in with a friend and the friend asked for the most expensive sandwich we had. ($7.50) The friend said, "I'll have the same thing, but a sub." ($10.50) The guy who wanted the sub, who from henceforth will be referred to as Subman, paid for both.
    They sit in and eat and Subman apparently looked agitated, and kept glancing at his receipt and up at the board with our prices. Afterwards, he came up and started yelling at the ladies working there and saying we overpriced them. They were like "lol our prices are up on the board, it's not a secret" and they wouldn't refund him and he was YELLING at them. Eventually, he left but not before he screamed, "I HOPE THIS PLACE BURNS DOWN!".

--
    Sometimes, people will come in and ask if we make sandwiches. Nahh, the giant sandwich board behind me is just for decoration.
    --
    It was a rush at work and there was this rude-ass old man and a nicer lady. They both had their stuff on the counter. "Is this all yours?" I motion to the counter and he says yes, it's all his. Ring him through.... "That's not mine!" He snaps at me as I'm bagging his stuff after I rang him through. you dumbass, I asked you if EVERYTHING WAS YOURS. YOU SAID YES. I had to quickly give him a refund and we were so busy and he was like, "JUST HURRY UP AND BAG IT!"
    --
    more of experiences than questions, lol, but the retail life sure is something.
    i love luna

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Pusheen (04-10-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    "I've worked here before and I loved it!"

Bitch, no the fuck you didn't. Don't fuckin' lie to me.