8/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    2d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

I feel like a newbie again

Okay, So I am just getting back to Neo again want to build my main even more, and I keep it mostly legit besides auto haggler and etc. So I was wondering what it the best way to purchase items/nps on here and secure it so it's safe to build my main with. I'm scared of putting it directly to my main and I know I'll fuck something up. I don't know how to use a VPN either for shells and I don't wanna get that side frozen either and lose what I just paid for. This is pretty simple stuff but I really wanna be smart about it for once instead of fucking up and getting myself frozen again. If it's already on here please point me to it, but I wanna keep this open for discussion and questions as well.

Lana Del Rey

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    @(you need an account to see links) It really depends on the amount of neopoints or value of the items you want to purchase. If you're buying from someone who has everything already secured, and you're getting a small amount (like lower than 10m pure or in ETS) getting it directly in your main once is not a big risk to be honest. But, if you plan to get more than that, getting it in a shell is indeed better. For that, get hotspot shield for example, which is free to use. Activate it when you're about to get in the shell and so. Also, don't move things on the same day from the shell to your main if the items are too expensive or the amount of nps too large, going slowly is usually safer. For transfering, I recommend to use different lots on the TP or gift as a neofriend. Hope that helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Efron (03-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    2d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) I've never used hotspot shield so I will look into that, thank you so much! okay so it's definitely low risk under 10mil, thats good to know. does TNT look into item movements from trades and auctions and stuff like that? or is it only if someone reports it or brings it to their attention? cos thats what I'm anxious about for some fucking reason haha.

Lana Del Rey

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Quote Originally Posted by Efron View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I've never used hotspot shield so I will look into that, thank you so much! okay so it's definitely low risk under 10mil, thats good to know. does TNT look into item movements from trades and auctions and stuff like that? or is it only if someone reports it or brings it to their attention? cos thats what I'm anxious about for some fucking reason haha.
    Oooh, I wanna know it too! I always get scared when I transfer items because I'm afraid of my trading post movements

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    10d 1h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Efron View Post
    does TNT look into item movements from trades and auctions and stuff like that? or is it only if someone reports it or brings it to their attention? cos thats what I'm anxious about for some fucking reason haha.
    I use the trading post daily to move items from my shells to my main, I have been doing this for 6~7 months now and my main has been fine.

I do however have a subscription to a VPN, which in my opinion a must if you want to do this, it has saved my main account from being frozen when my shells get frozen, and they do get frozen from time to time. I say a VPN subscription is a must because I cycle my shells IPs daily, using the same IP (although it will be different from your home IP) on your shells will eventually get them all frozen as I found out the hard way, but again my main survived. I cycle around 20 different IPs between 60 shells and have only recently lost 10 shells while the other shells + my main was fine.

If you're only buying once a month or something, in low amounts, a free VPN with one or two shells will be fine.

Edit: A few more tips.

Don't flaunt bought goods or pets, sell them and move on.

Don't buy the more unique items like R101 stamps that collectors keep track of.

Don't tell people where you got anything. If someone asks, just ignore them. Don't make excuses, don't try to be smart, just delete the message and lay low for a while.

Keep a log of everything from your shells activities. Trades, IPs used, last time logged in, anything you can think of. This is more for your accounts safety so you don't forget anything and screw something up later.
    Last edited by jxt; 03-29-2017 at 08:19 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jxt For This Useful Post:

Efron (03-29-2017)