Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Two Sides Frozen, Weird Thing Happening on Main

A month ago I discovered one of my sides (Side 1) had been compromised and frozen (I assume. Well, I obviously know it was frozen). Probably my bad as I don't even know the last time I logged into that one. Seemed pretty cut and dry, all my pets abandoned, except whoever hacked it also made a throwaway pet on the account for some reason & put it into the Neolodge (???) (???) (why) (I received an email about that pet being out of the neolodge, which is how I know).

Anyway after that incident I changed all my passwords, etc. Another of my sides (Side 2) had also been compromised (I assume) because my userlookup and pet lookups had been cleared, but there was no other change apart from that, so I changed the password and put back up my profiles. This account, for some reason, I found to be disabled/frozen yesterday. Absolutely no idea why. I assume all my pets are still on that account - I received out-of-neolodge email reminders again.

What's interesting is that I can request a password reset for Side 2, and it comes through my email and it's all g, so that account's still linked to my email. I assume Side 1 is still linked to my email as well, considering I received a 'your pet is out of the neolodge' email when it was frozen, but when I request a password reset, it doesn't come through.

FWIW there was nothing of value on my sides (hell there's nothing of value on my main), not even valuable pets - they were all nicely painted I guess but nothing excessively expensive, no UCs, no real names or words or etc.

I've never been logged out of my main, nothing weird's happened in terms of missing items, etc, EXCEPT that occasionally I'll go to update my userlookup or change preferences or whatever, and it tells me my password is incorrect. I'm still logged in. I try to log into my main on another browser to check it - yeah, password incorrect. But it legitimately can't be incorrect, trust me, because I write it down every time, exact. I do a password reset and everything's fine - but this has happened about three times now.

Just wondering if anybody's heard anything like this happening or knows why? I actually don't really care to get back my frozen sides, they were super old and whatever but I never did anything with them lol but I def don't want my main going the same way. Thanks!
    Last edited by foxing; 04-13-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    I'd change the email on your main and be sure to have a new PIN on everything. Is it possible they're getting onto your email to request access to these accounts?
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    I'd change the email on your main and be sure to have a new PIN on everything. Is it possible they're getting onto your email to request access to these accounts?
    Yeah, I changed the pin for everything! I don't think so - the email I have for my accounts is an email I ONLY use for nothing else except my accounts and has no association with any of my public emails. It also has two-step verification, so unless someone also had my phone, they wouldn't be able to access it. I'm pretty good about security for my accounts so that's why I'm so surprised this happened at all!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    13d 19h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Don't know if this would help but I've accessed an account with two computers with different ip at once without signing me out. I was clicking links and everything, I even tried doing things at the same time. I clicked wheel of fortune at the exact same time and one of them said I already spun for the day so it's definitely possible.

Your two shells seems like they were definitely frozen for security reasons. The person who went into your account probably has an IP address that is very far away from you. Although you can access the "change password" for this account, it's just the same as it being completely frozen (this happened to exactly half my frozen accounts while the other half I have no access to and doesn't send me an email when I try changing the pw).

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Your password shouldn't consist of words. It should have letters, numbers and symbols.

You might also want to delete all your cookies.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by sighcoe View Post
    Don't know if this would help but I've accessed an account with two computers with different ip at once without signing me out. I was clicking links and everything, I even tried doing things at the same time. I clicked wheel of fortune at the exact same time and one of them said I already spun for the day so it's definitely possible.

Your two shells seems like they were definitely frozen for security reasons. The person who went into your account probably has an IP address that is very far away from you. Although you can access the "change password" for this account, it's just the same as it being completely frozen (this happened to exactly half my frozen accounts while the other half I have no access to and doesn't send me an email when I try changing the pw).
    Thanks, I didn't know this! Yeah I think they may have frozen both for security issues as well, which kind of sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by champloo View Post
    Your password shouldn't consist of words. It should have letters, numbers and symbols.

My PW has never consisted of words, it's always been the standard random jumble of letters/symbols/numbers/etc so that's not an issue. You make a good point about the cookies though - it slipped my mind the first time around but the second freezing just yesterday I did everything & cleared cookies as well.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    6d 7h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by foxing View Post
    I've never been logged out of my main, nothing weird's happened in terms of missing items, etc, EXCEPT that occasionally I'll go to update my userlookup or change preferences or whatever, and it tells me my password is incorrect. I'm still logged in. I try to log into my main on another browser to check it - yeah, password incorrect. But it legitimately can't be incorrect, trust me, because I write it down every time, exact. I do a password reset and everything's fine - but this has happened about three times now.
    This part has happened to me a bunch of times before, and I think it's just Neopets glitching?
    Nothing happened to my account or anything but it kept telling me my password was incorrect despite resetting it immediately, and it let me back in after a few hours.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 17h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Anyone else losing shells after logging in them?
    Shit keeps happenin to me lmfao.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadass View Post
    Anyone else losing shells after logging in them?
    Shit keeps happenin to me lmfao.
    like getting frozen?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by champloo View Post

It doesn't matter what your password is.
    No ones gonna guess it.

Simple truth is if you haven't changed your PW then you need to.
    If you have changed your PW in the last 5 years then you're fine.
    Words work just fine, lol