Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What's your favorite boredom killing activity?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Playing neopets smoking some bud and chillin .

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

So I have a lot of interests...

But when I'm bored I tend to do a lot of things related to my interests.

• If I'm interested in looking for new albums to listen to I'll go to last.fm or pitchfork and look for recent new high rated albums in my favorite genres. It's also pretty fun to make Spotify playlists, rate all of your music on "Rate Your Music," and watch album critiques, my favorite of which is Anthony Fantano. I would link my music accounts but given the nature of this site I feel that'd be unwise. Some of my favorite artists are Andrew Jackson Jihad (folk punk), Neutral Milk Hotel (indie), Run The Jewels (rap), Thee Oh Sees (psychedelic rock), Ty Segall (garage rock), FIDLAR (garage rock), Tame Impala (psychedelic rock), and Death Grips (rap). If anyone wants some solid album recs then just shoot me a message.
    • I'm actually really into sewing as a hobby and crafts so I often will look up DIY/how-to tutorials, download free sewing patterns, watch videos on how to do certain things (i.e. how to drape, the difference between silk fabrics, etc.) or even just binge things like Project Runway and The Great British Sewing Bee. I'll also just design my fantasy outfits, look for pattern inspiration, watch Haute Couture shows and consume YouTubers who do things (like Coolirpa's thrifted transformations, sooo interesting.)
    • Origami is fun and easy, I personally prefer a form called modular origami as it allows you to use printer paper that you likely have at home and you can create a much larger, more easy but time consuming piece. You just have to sit and make the modules while doing something else, such as watching TV or using the bathroom or listening to music or hanging out with people, then you connect them. There's a lot of great YouTube tutorials.
    • Lockpicking is actually an interesting and fun hobby to learn about and read about. Obviously most ethical lockpickers are going to use locks that are not in use (i.e. nothing attached to a door, safe, etc.) and while the kits can be somewhat pricey, it's something very interesting and a skill that you can genuinely master that doesn't require a lot of creative input like the other things I've listed here.
    • Cooking. I love scouring the internet for recipes, watching Tasty videos and other gif recipes, learning how to bake, finding new ways to prepare and use an ingredient. From how to peel an avocado to making homemade spaghetti carbonara, there's practically an endless amount of information you can find that will benefit you for the rest of your life. Personally I'd recommend someone learn how to make a paella or a solid lasagna, they're great dishes, fairly simple, and taste amazing.
    • Speaking of kitchens and useful things: if I want to do something with my hands I will fold the plastic bags that every single human being saves from grocery stores into little triangles. It's easy and fun to do especially while watching TV. Or I'll go through spices and toss the old ones. Organize the pantry and cans. Tidy it up a little bit by wiping down countertops.
    • Speaking of tidying, minimalism and decluttering is fun. Marie Kondo has this excellent book about tidying up and tons of youtubers talk about it. Going through old stuff/that one unloved drawer/box that everyone has in their house and tossing the not necessities can be fun. I personally enjoy going through my downloads folder and organizing it, going through my pictures folders and organizing them, doing the same with my cell phone pictures, etc.
    • Online shopping/fantasy shopping by making amazon/macys/nordstrom/whatever wishlists and then filling them with things you want. I especially like going to Neiman Marcus and places with higher end products because it makes it more fun.
    • Programming! There are tons and tons and tons of places online to learn programming for free, like CodeAcademy, and it's very useful and fun. Honestly I personally got pretty bored of this and have as a result forgotten all of my Python skills but a lot of people genuinely enjoy it and it may be fun if you check it out.
    • Dancing! I love dancing, making dance routines to music, copying YouTube dance routines, taking a dance class, things of that nature.
    • Video and photo editing can be fun! Photoshop has endless possibilities and photoshopping to retouch or to make something outlandish is always something I've truly enjoyed
    • Lastly, video games. Steam has a lot of free games as well as fun things to check out. League of Legends is my personal game of choice, though if you don't like competitive MOBAs then try Skyrim or Dragon Age! The Sims is also very fun to do by attempting to make your house or people you know and play them (okay let's face it, the design is 99% of the game.)

Buuuut even with all of this I still manage to find ways to get bored. Hopefully though someone has enjoyed some of my ideas and been relieved of their boredom, lol!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    22d 19h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Watching random things on Netflix, playing mmo's.. taking naps. xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    9d 22h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Korean musics, korean dramas and doodling. I really enjoy doodling

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    17h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If it hasn't been recommended already, I would like to suggest Cookie Clicker.