Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does money change people? What if you won 100 Million dollars?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    7d 19h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Does money change people? What if you won 100 Million dollars?

Just curious what your guys' opinion was on the matter of essentially, "money buying happiness"

What if you woke up tomorrow with a knock at your door and it was someone who wanted to give you 100 million dollars, no strings attached 100% legit? Do you think it would change you? What would you do with the money? Do you think you would end up blowing it all in a relatively short amount of time and be broke again before you know it?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 5h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Hell yeah it would change me! And that is a lot of money. I'd do these things:

-Pay off my student debt. Pay off debt of friends close to me.
    -Buy myself a nice house somewhere. Buy all my friends&family houses near me
    -Travel the world!
    -Maybe help fund an environmental project, either come up with my own idea, or donate money to something. Or both, because 100mil is a fuckton of money

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    I think it's impossible to say that it wouldn't change you in the slightest. Money unlocks the doors to doing whatever you want. I think it'd make me an even happier person.

I would:
    - Travel
    - Buy my family/closest friends a nice place
    - Donate money
    - Invest some of it
    - Do a lot of cool stuff with it that would be impossible to do without having the money lol
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    78 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    It would change me without a doubt, and most likely a lot of other users on this site. I would be buying out everyones shops XD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    43d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    To be honest i wouldnt be telling much people about it maybe just a few. Probably put it into the bank and live off of it. Maybe buy myself a store. My main goal with it would be to invest and make it come back with even more profit.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I will quit studying and live rest of the life like a KING xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    It would be nice to buy new stuff for sure. But as a person not too much. I am already very frugal, I understand what I need vs want, I am by no means even a little into vanity so needing to impress people has no bearing on what I do.

To be honest I would likely go someplace where no one could come bother me. Like a nice beachfront house in the caribbean. Nothing too big as little time is spent inside there. But someplace I could avoid the begging and just live peacefully...maybe catch some lobsters infront of my place lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

John (12-26-2016)

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I could pay for mine and my sisters' entire college, my father's graduate studies, all the bills and debts of the house, and could even hire a lawyer to help us with the visa issues and stuff.

And then it could go to some investment bank and/or savings account, and we'd all be set for life. My parents could even invest in opening their company here, and finally settle here. That'd be like a dream come true.

Would it change me? Maybe, I mean, the biggest limiter we've always had was money, that'd be lifting off the roof that always blocked us from doing anything, so, I guess I'd be more hopeful and happy?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Money can certainly buy happiness, to a degree. Having that much money would change me but I don't think it would be for the worse. I've always been frugal. Saving where I can and going all out on the things I care about. Id definitely stick it all in the bank, make a few investments. Id definitely help the Fam pay off their debts. Everybody mostly has their shit well in hand but a helping hand is always nice.

The main thing Id use extra money for would be to travel. Traveling can get expensive and being able to go wherever, whenever, would be awesome. Id still work because I like my job and Id get really bored or lazy if I didn't have something like that to challenge myself with.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    >What if you woke up tomorrow with a knock at your door and it was someone who wanted to give you 100 million dollars, no strings attached 100% legit?
    I would accept and only my family would know about it, for security.

>Do you think it would change you?
    Nope. First, I don't think money/power changes people. People only show who they really are.
    Second, I would be the same person and would try to act as nothing happened, but I would travel way more.

>What would you do with the money?
    I Never wanted to live in a mansion or show off. I would buy a comfortable and small apartment in my city and would live a simple life with my family. The difference is that I would buy some things that normaly I don't have money to buy, I mean, sometimes I see something I like but is too expensive to afford, so I would buy those things. Despite of saying it, I'm not the kind of girl who buys lots of things because I'm adept to conscious consumerism, so it is like Vivienne Westwood said:""Buy less. Choose well. Make it last. Quality, not quantity."
    Also, I would travel every time I'd go on vacations with my family and would help people that have no money.

>Do you think you would end up blowing it all in a relatively short amount of time and be broke again before you know it?
    Hahahah, no. I'm super capitalist and I think that it is ok if someone have money and buy lots of things. I would love to have lots of money. But I'm to conscious to simply throw it away and be broke. So I would save and invest money. ^^
    Last edited by Menine; 12-22-2016 at 04:54 PM.