Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can I improve my reading comprehension?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The easiest way is to read more books, 100%.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking Anarchy View Post
    All the suggestions are pretty much what I thought of.

Have you ever been tested for dyslexia? The reading issues that you described are very similar to the ones my dad has. When he fills out forms, often he has to read them aloud or re-read them a few times to get the sentence to ''click" in his head. He enjoys fantasy novels but trying to read a book frustrates him too much so he listens to audio books. He can read news articles and the like, maybe sometimes reading a word wrong and being all "wtf no way that doesn't make sense"

Might be something else to check into.
    This is what I thought. Maybe you should keep it in mind. On other hand, find what suits yourself. Quiet or loudness, silence or music, a library or a park, and just keep reading and re-reading if necessary. Question yourself, question the book, highlight your doubts, go slowly and don't pressure yourself. One step at time :-)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    I think you should try to read more books, and really take it slowly. Read one page at a time, read it over as slowly or as much as you need to. Read it aloud to yourself, too, to try and understand the meaning completely. Make sure you're in a quiet place, too, where you can give it your full concentration.
    This is what you need to do!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I would totally agree just reading more stuff is the best way. Take it slow and make sure you completely understand everything you're reading; if there's a word you don't understand or a sentence structure that confuses you, look it up and see the meaning or possible uses of it.
    Anything in life that you want to be good at, just takes practice Some people have a 'natural talent' for some things, but for the majority of us, we all learn skills through time/practice.