My problem:

It is hard for me to put together 'complete thoughts' on the 'same topic'. For example, I have to retype a sentence multiple times and read it over multiple times before it 'registers' or 'makes sense' to me, to an extent. I can't just read a sentence, or create a sentence on the go and comprehend what I am reading/writing, I have to do a double take (at least) most of the time and even then I forget the concept of whatever I was reading/writing 10 minutes later.

Not only that, but I was wondering if my social issues could be related as-well. When in social situations with people, my problem is I just don't know what to say in response to what people are talking to me about. Say someone just tells me their dog has died (sad example I know but it's the best I can come up with right now) I know to be sympathetic and show empathy, but I don't know what words to say other than of-course, sorry your dog died I feel sad for you. Anyways.

What I want to (be able to) do:

I want to be able to 'think clearly' and be able to read books and know what I am reading. I can 'read' at a college level, but my reading comprehension is horrible. I want to be able to also construct sentences that convey the same thought throughout the sentence, rather than switching halfway through.

I've never really read books before, I've probably read only 1 book completely in my life and that was "Where The Wild Things Are" when I was a kid... I read articles online sometimes and used to write music, but other than that I'm not very articulate and I would like to improve that so after I'm done reading a book, I understand and can remember exactly what I just read and the whole book doesn't just go over my head.