Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What changes/improvements would you like to see on Neopets?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Lightbulb What changes/improvements would you like to see on Neopets?

Hi all,

I thought this would be a very interesting topic to have a discussion about. We all know that Neopets used to be good at some point, we all have reasons to point our fingers at Viacom or JumpStart.
    In your opinion, what would make Neopets great again? What changes would you like to see?

I myself would like TNT to:
    • Fix the PC. It's all about UC's nowadays, converteds aren't worth a rainbow dung. There needs to be some balance.
    • Release new species! I would LOVE to see new species, specially limited ones! *�*
    • Offer a better service to their premium users, the only useful thing you get is the SSW (the 5th pet slot is nice too).
    • Clean up the Map of Neopia. There are too many sites that haven't been updated. Kinda sad. (Like NeoQuest)
    • Be as active on the boards as the old staff was. The connection between the community and staff was great!
    • Stop bitching and freezing accounts for pet/item lendings.
    • Update their art style, it's not even 480p.
    • At least make their website mobile friendly, because we can still dream about getting an App.

These are just some of my ideas, together we can create a huge list!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I think that Neopets will never be what it was before, in therms of popularity and activity. It used to be one of the most visited sites in like 2005-ish because, at that time, it was a new concept of site that was not seen before in the internet. But now, the technology that Neopets offers is obsolete and the new generations have way better options of games, mobile applications and webpages to visit. That's why I think that, no matter what changes are done on the site, the players that are around will always be people that were there before and new players won't really appear (or the % of new players is minimal compared to the old ones).

I do think though, that the support system is a joke, and it needs to be changed. How can you run a site with such a low player base and not be able to give a proper support for them? That's in the end the main way they are losing players and money. It was a bad move for JumpStart to keep the same staff as it was before in the support system, they should have changed that and listen to people when they made that open survey asking what people wanted to see changed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

sorahloveless (05-17-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    17d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I know this isn't technically a change - but it would improve my game experience if the same happened -

NEOQUEST! I'm so shitty that i invested all this money on collecting key quest tokens, and they have the nerve to still sell them and not make it a priority to fix the game. Does anyone have any idea how hard it would be to fix the damn thing? Are they just lazy or is it incredibly complex to fix?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bela Lugosi For This Useful Post:

sorahloveless (06-04-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Half the games don't work, so I'd love if that was fixed. I also miss a lot of the old gambling games.

Honestly I don't think Neopets is down for the count. It's a brand people recognize and could easily spread its influence to the mobile market or whatever comes next.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to champloo For This Useful Post:

sorahloveless (06-04-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    It's small in scope but it makes such a big difference. They need to start standardising and optimising input opinions for data on Neopets, such as make the options for the meteor on Kreludor NOT a drop-down menu. >

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Neopets is dried up.

I still play for the nostalgia, but thats it.

Plus, some of the worst people in existence are on the PC.
    I am a human being, nothing human is alien to me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    1) Revert back to old battledome, and old abilities.
    2) Get support staff that knows what their doing.
    3) Clean up unused content (Jelly World, anything to do with neo-schools, outdated games, etc)
    4) Run some sort of promotion on television etc to gain activity back to the site.
    5) Hire better artists.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/3
    Mentioned
    109 times
    Time Online
    83d 21h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    - Remake some games and make them mobile apps (like ghoul catchers), with multiplayer and single players options:
    Would love to have a mobile keyquest with a history mode and a multiplayer mode, both LAN and Bluetooth conectivity. Neoquest I & II too.
    - Find a way to balance the market:
    I would add same shops to different islands i.e foods, stamps, etc. with specific items on them themed based on the island.
    - I'd like to add the 2-step authentication system to login on the page. (Maybe worth to work on SAML).
    - At least fix the easy things like clickleable avatars or random events, come on!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    22d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I'd like them to bring back or fix Invasion of Meridell, Bilge Dice, and the Lenny Conundrum.

I'd also like to see the shop wizard, TP, and auction NP limits completely thrown out. Shop should be for all business involving only pure, TP should be for item-for-item business, and auction for "customers" to duke out who wants to pay how much. I don't understand why TNT bothered with the limits in the first place.

Bring back Dr Sloth auctions for retired stamps.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    7d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    fix the quest/jobs to make it more profitable and you can make np intead o just losing them