87/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 9h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Interesting Scam. Not even mad.

So I'm trying to sell a phone online, and I had my number listed. I got a few texts from someone who was purportedly interested in buying the phone. They told me that they were calling from a google voice number and that I would have to enter a two digit code to connect to them (which seemed to fit, if they didn't have a phone available they might need to use google voice).
    But after I entered the code I heard the message "Thank you for verifying your account, to change your voicemail press 1."

Haha I can't believe I completely fell for it. I had almost no suspicion. I know I should have but, oh well. I've secured everything already, but I thought I'd share this. Honestly if I could I'd congratulate who it was that got me. That was smooth.

Also, I know it isn't the type of behavior that cK supports, but this would be an interesting way to get around needing numbers for account verification when doing unregs.. Just maybe a little more time consuming.

Sorry I haven't been as active lately! I won't have enough time to be active for a bit, but before too long I'll be back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vaughnster For This Useful Post:

luscinyx (08-21-2017)