Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    10d 9h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

Maybe stay off of youtube for a while, or activate Noscript

According to Noscript (you need an account to see links) this script is all over youtube (I haven't allowed it) with a filter over each video, since a couple days ago. Google says it's malware.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    This could be an add-on that is trying to hijack your browser. I don't think YouTube would ever put this on their site...
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    10d 9h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    That's a valid point! Only seems to pop up on youtube, though! how would I check for and remove this? any ideas? I have a pay antimalware that checks the browser and it isn't picking anything up yet...

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by BrielleCutt View Post
    That's a valid point! Only seems to pop up on youtube, though! how would I check for and remove this? any ideas? I have a pay antimalware that checks the browser and it isn't picking anything up yet...
    Those commercial antivirus are garbage. Most will just slow your computer down. I know ESET is a good paid one, but the rest I can't say the same.

I use the one that comes with Windows, Windows Defender. To remove your malware/virus I recommend getting MalwareBytes (the free one) which seems to be the best for removing. After using it you can uninstall and just stick with Windows Defender.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    10d 9h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I use the pay MalwareBytes already and it isn't picking anything up.
    I also checked my addons and extensions and I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

From google"
    Mark Liberman said:
    I posted about this on Language Log

x.vindcosuite.com seems to be "passive DNS replicator", which may be performing a genuine function; but apparently buggy software at sitemeter results in pages with sitemeter counting code on them getting redirected there.

I've been seeing intermittent flashes of this sort of thing from sitemeter for over a year, and during that same period of time, the company has failed to respond to repeated questions directed at their "support" team.

As of yesterday evening, the problem was categorical rather than intermittent, so I removed the sitemeter code from the WordPress theme, and the problem went away.

As far as I can tell, this is a symptom of incompetence rather than malice, but in any case, sitemeter is clearly more trouble than it's worth."

But youtube obvious isn't a blog. So does it use sitemeter? Is that the issue?

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

A google search let me to mozilla ad on search reset which at least for now seems to have fixed it!