Thread: [Suggestion] New Userbars for top sellers?

Threaded View

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m

[Suggestion] New Userbars for top sellers?

I was talking to someone else on cK recently, and one of the things that we were talking about was improving the market.

One of the ideas that we came up was maybe making a userbar for some of the top sellers on the forum.
    Multiple reasons.

1.) Top sellers are the most trusted. They know how to deal correctly, and handle any situation thrown at them. Whether it's how to properly secure an account, how to move a pet to someone's main, or how to move items and NP's around safely. They know.
    2.) Whether we want to acknowledge it or not. There are people that have done shady things with sales. Majority of these people are trade banned or banned altogether, but there's been sellers in the past who have done all kinds of shady deals without their buyers knowing that can lead to buyers getting frozen.

3.) A lot of people get burned out when it comes to selling. I'm sure there's been plenty of sellers (myself included) who've hit a drought at one point or another where we just didn't have motivation to continue selling. A new userbar for sellers would give people something to work for, improve how people handle their stock, and can possibly bolster activity on the forum depending on how some people approach new sales ideas without breaking any rules.

In addition, as a side thought.
    The idea of paying to have a selling thread stickied/advertised at the top of the trade section came to mind.
    Similar to paying for adspace. Only you're paying for a sales thread to be sticking for everyone to see at the top of the list.

Opinions?
    Last edited by j03; 02-19-2017 at 03:51 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mophead For This Useful Post:

Neal Caffrey (02-22-2017)