Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    33d 17h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m

I've made a huge mistake

Just thought I'd share my story of stupidity for laughs

So I've been crossing my fingers and donating r90+, hoping to get lucky.

I find shops stocking a high amount of items I'm after, then buy them out and go for broke at CC. I found a shop with good deals and proceeded to check the item rarities using the CC food list from JN just to be sure. If the item showed on the list, I knew it was safe to buy.

But my brain had other plans. I forgot that I'd removed the r90 minimum in the search earlier in the night while browsing. An item I double checked with the list was actually r89, but because it showed I assumed it was 90+. I proceeded to buy about 55 of these at 30k each. Then poluted my other r90 donations by mixing this r89 amongst them. I can only blame myself Only realised what I'd done about an hour ago when I saw what remains of the item in my invent, and noticed 'rare' written beneath it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    230d 9h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    Just thought I'd share my story of stupidity for laughs

So I've been crossing my fingers and donating r90+, hoping to get lucky.

I find shops stocking a high amount of items I'm after, then buy them out and go for broke at CC. I found a shop with good deals and proceeded to check the item rarities using the CC food list from JN just to be sure. If the item showed on the list, I knew it was safe to buy.

But my brain had other plans. I forgot that I'd removed the r90 minimum in the search earlier in the night while browsing. An item I double checked with the list was actually r89, but because it showed I assumed it was 90+. I proceeded to buy about 55 of these at 30k each. Then poluted my other r90 donations by mixing this r89 amongst them. I can only blame myself Only realised what I'd done about an hour ago when I saw what remains of the item in my invent, and noticed 'rare' written beneath it.
    I spent 27m today and the best thing I got was Fire Faerie Doll and around 30+ r99s.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    33d 17h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I got one doll, it was the cheapest one, can't even remember which. As far as spent - wins, I'm well and truly in the hole. I got a babyca and alkenore for gods sake ;-;

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    13d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    yikes it says the rarity right on the donation page too lol
    Ana's slave <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    33d 17h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    How did I miss it? Now I check every first donation and wonder if I'm seeing it right or have lost my marbles

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I cleaned out my SDB and decided my luck just wasn't worth tempting and i quit.

I'm not spending 30k per item and i just don't care enough to bankrupt myself while TNT crashes the economy into a fiery ball of hell.

Stamps and items are all over the place and it's pissing me off. I'm boycotting until the economy levels back out.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake. View Post
    I'm not spending 30k per item and i just don't care enough to bankrupt myself while TNT crashes the economy into a fiery ball of hell.
    If it happens every year doesn't that show that the economy crash doesn't really last? I thought this had been going on a few years now. From what I understand in 4 days it is over and I am guessing a month or so the prices go back to normal once the resellers buy up everything.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

j03 (02-05-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking Anarchy View Post
    If it happens every year doesn't that show that the economy crash doesn't really last? I thought this had been going on a few years now. From what I understand in 4 days it is over and I am guessing a month or so the prices go back to normal once the resellers buy up everything.
    Do they normally release those high-end stamps like that??

It's crazy. So many stamp avatars all over the AC this week.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 2h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking Anarchy View Post
    I'm afraid this time. There are just so many items, food accounts for a huge amount of donations and they just don't end. By this time las CC the items were selling up to 40k a piece, now it's like 25k and if my calculations are correct it's actually profitable to gamble for JN price. This means JN price won't hold out for sure.

I mean, this always happens and the economy goes back to normal after a while (and I've bought my fair share of items to resell later in July or August), but I'm not going below my pure NP amount before CC.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    This happens basically every year and items just get used up, value goes back to how it used to be if not close.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------