Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

Need to rant about AE customer service right now

So, I ordered a large order from american eagle earlier this month. I'm talking a $380 order. I looked at all my items, all looked fine. Except, the other day, I go to put on a pair of the jeggings I ordered. And I see BOTH pant legs were like this:

So I called in, was like "hey, I have an item that is defective, I still want them, what can we do?" so they were like, alright, we'll charge you and send you a new pair, just go to the store and return the old ones. They were gonna charge me the same price cause their website is weird with how they sell things in CAD. They were 72.83 for the pair with conversion, plus tax, which is right under $80 with it. I told them I already threw out the paper sent with it, and I was informed just to print off my order comfirmation and that was good enough for the return.

That was monday the call. Today, Tuesday, I got to the mall to return them. I go to AE, go to the store, bring out the jeggings, told them I was returning them because the hem on the pant leg isn't there. I get told by the cashier 'their designed that way' and I was like "not they aren't??? did you even look at them???? there are NEEDLE holes where the hem is supposed to be" and she was just like "yes, some are designed that way" so she starts to process the return. They rang in at $60. I was like "hold up, that is hell of a lot less than what I paid for them. I'm supposed to be getting $80 back, not $60*." and she was stunned, called the manager over, and rebegins the same conversation.

"The hem isn't in them"
    "They're designed like that"
    "No they aren't, there are needle holes where they are supposed to be."
    "Yes they are, do you want me to go get an other pair to show you
    fucker leaves anyways to prove me wrong, that this is how they were designed, barely left the register, FINALLY looks at the jeggings I'm returning, realizes yes, they are infect faulty, and comes back.

He then calls someone, I give them my mailing info, yet nothing is done, keeps telling me he can't do anything. That he can't tell that there is no way to tell that I didn't apply a discount to them, like I was gonna be making money on them (wtf, if this was the case, I'd do it with the entire almost $400 order, not one pair of jeggins) so he can't do the return. Multiple times I pointed out the "discount" line in my order where the discounts on the order are from their "buy one pair of jeans, get one 50% off" and there were no other discounts applied. But still, could not give me the $80 I deserve back. So I left the store, with my jeggings, told to call the customer service line again. Which I will do in the morning.

BONUS SHITTY CUSTOMER SERVICE OF THE DAY:
    After doing a bit of shopping, the mall was closing, I stopped off at the food court to get supper. I get in line for taco time cause I've been craving fake mexican food since I keep seeing posts about the naked chicken chalupa. I was gonna get a crispy beef burrito and an oreo churro. The churro to make up for the fact there are only 20 taco bells in canada, no naked chicken chalupa yet, and the closest TB being 5 hours away anyways Anyways, I try to order but get a "we're closing in 10 minutes so we already turned off the deep fryer" so I was like "bye felicia, guess someone else is getting my money tonight"

* I assume they're only $54 in Canada at the store, and came to $60 with tax. Just our dollar is shit, their website is strange, and they use US prices then just convert them to CAD to charge customers. At least I didn't get charged any customs on them, although clearly being much more expensive to have them sent to me than shopping in store.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    dude you gotta spam their customer service phone number a million times
    they will give you hella free stuff
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I probably will or something?? Because the manager trying to prove me wrong was kinda a terrible part?? Then to realize he's wrong and still not be able to help me????

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    seriously tho it costs them like 50 cents to make those pants and they don't wanna lose their customers
    i love luna

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    You've given them a chance, both via phone and in person, to fix their fuck up. They've only made things worse. This is when you go public. Post on their FB/Twitter, so other people can see your experience. I've found that once you start making a scene in a public domain, they're typically nice and responsive. It's just about making a PR nightmare for them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Lilac Tentacles (02-01-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I'm not even joking because I live overseas so companies are fucking shit about international shipping:

Spam the ever-loving monkey fuck out of their facebook. Go to their FB, Tag them on yours, send messages to their shit, their instagram, their motherfucking twitter, all of it.

Disney has sent me fucked up merch twice. Their fault for not packing it in a box. They put shit in a bag and throw it on a plane. Of course that shit comes messed up. I've gotten so many freebies trying to make up for their busted products.
    Tarte took 2 months to get me a makeup palette because they sent it UPS to a USPS overseas. They knew better. Got some coupons.
    Toys R Us sent me the wrong item and then told me I was wrong when I had the shipping label.

Every single time, I have been so god-damn polite until they tell me i'm wrong and there is nothing they can do. Then I unleash white-girl crazy on their social media and guess what? Shit gets done. I hate doing it, but I drop serious cash on these people because I like their products.
    They're not allowed to treat me like crap.

TL;DR- Fuck up their FB accounts.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (02-01-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    How do I fuck up their Facebook accounts? Doesn't look like I have that option.

Bonus point for this story. I was wearing jeggings sans pant hem at the moment they were telling me this. They tried to make it sound like they can't do a price override for an item the entire time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Quote Originally Posted by Boob View Post
    How do I fuck up their Facebook accounts? Doesn't look like I have that option.

Bonus point for this story. I was wearing jeggings sans pant hem at the moment they were telling me this. They tried to make it sound like they can't do a price override for an item the entire time.

Comment on all their pics angry white mom style
    not even joking
    i love luna

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Lilac Tentacles (02-01-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Alright. Called in. They're refunding me. Apparently the first phone call guy should have only charged me the $54 for the new pair.

But they're also giving me 20% off my next phoned in order over the whole thing at the mall and filed a complaint in with that so yeah, if you work in customer service, and someone is returning thing for being defective, maybe check it out before telling them "it's designed like that" then looking like and asshole 2 minutes later when you finally look at it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Man, whenever I order something online that doesn't fit right I just toss it in the bottom of my closet. Jumping through hoops to return things is so frustrating
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left