So, I ordered a large order from american eagle earlier this month. I'm talking a $380 order. I looked at all my items, all looked fine. Except, the other day, I go to put on a pair of the jeggings I ordered. And I see BOTH pant legs were like this:

So I called in, was like "hey, I have an item that is defective, I still want them, what can we do?" so they were like, alright, we'll charge you and send you a new pair, just go to the store and return the old ones. They were gonna charge me the same price cause their website is weird with how they sell things in CAD. They were 72.83 for the pair with conversion, plus tax, which is right under $80 with it. I told them I already threw out the paper sent with it, and I was informed just to print off my order comfirmation and that was good enough for the return.

That was monday the call. Today, Tuesday, I got to the mall to return them. I go to AE, go to the store, bring out the jeggings, told them I was returning them because the hem on the pant leg isn't there. I get told by the cashier 'their designed that way' and I was like "not they aren't??? did you even look at them???? there are NEEDLE holes where the hem is supposed to be" and she was just like "yes, some are designed that way" so she starts to process the return. They rang in at $60. I was like "hold up, that is hell of a lot less than what I paid for them. I'm supposed to be getting $80 back, not $60*." and she was stunned, called the manager over, and rebegins the same conversation.

"The hem isn't in them"
"They're designed like that"
"No they aren't, there are needle holes where they are supposed to be."
"Yes they are, do you want me to go get an other pair to show you
fucker leaves anyways to prove me wrong, that this is how they were designed, barely left the register, FINALLY looks at the jeggings I'm returning, realizes yes, they are infect faulty, and comes back.

He then calls someone, I give them my mailing info, yet nothing is done, keeps telling me he can't do anything. That he can't tell that there is no way to tell that I didn't apply a discount to them, like I was gonna be making money on them (wtf, if this was the case, I'd do it with the entire almost $400 order, not one pair of jeggins) so he can't do the return. Multiple times I pointed out the "discount" line in my order where the discounts on the order are from their "buy one pair of jeans, get one 50% off" and there were no other discounts applied. But still, could not give me the $80 I deserve back. So I left the store, with my jeggings, told to call the customer service line again. Which I will do in the morning.

BONUS SHITTY CUSTOMER SERVICE OF THE DAY:
After doing a bit of shopping, the mall was closing, I stopped off at the food court to get supper. I get in line for taco time cause I've been craving fake mexican food since I keep seeing posts about the naked chicken chalupa. I was gonna get a crispy beef burrito and an oreo churro. The churro to make up for the fact there are only 20 taco bells in canada, no naked chicken chalupa yet, and the closest TB being 5 hours away anyways Anyways, I try to order but get a "we're closing in 10 minutes so we already turned off the deep fryer" so I was like "bye felicia, guess someone else is getting my money tonight"

* I assume they're only $54 in Canada at the store, and came to $60 with tax. Just our dollar is shit, their website is strange, and they use US prices then just convert them to CAD to charge customers. At least I didn't get charged any customs on them, although clearly being much more expensive to have them sent to me than shopping in store.