Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any food or other allergies?

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    Wow, that sounds like you have a lot to deal with there. The sweat one is the worst though- I'd hope you live in a cooler area to minimise the impact on your life.

I have strong reactions to mosquito bites that suck (no pun intended). As a kid my legs were always so scarred from them. It's not as bad nowadays, but I still hate showing my legs.
    I've had one-off reactions to Febreze fabric spray shit and some chemical they sprayed on the cotton plants in a town I once lived in, but nothing recurring.

I hate when doctors ask if you have any allergies though. I mean, I understand why they do it, but my reply is always "not as far as I know" because hell, I haven't exposed myself to every random thing out there. I might be, and just not be aware of it.
    Yeah, I do live in a temperate climate, and me being a lazy piece of shit that doesn't exercise helps keep things good. I never realized it sounds like much, I mean, I know sweat allergy is not common, but yet, IDK, I guess the fact that people around me have weirder yet allergies, like my father, who has allergy to the sun, and gets HUGE lumps on his head and exposed areas when he gets hit by the rays, besides his several allergies to all sorts of medication and other medical stuff, or my baby sister, who has asthma and allergies to something we have yet to figure, but causes her nasal cavities to be so irritated without her allergy meds, she starts coughing and wheezing and suffocating, I just feel like the lesser one here, with a more normal life. IDK. I mean, most of the time, I don't really get exposed to those allergens, because, I mean, I naturally am a lazy piece of shit, and gravitate towards cotton clothes, and avoid anything else, and when spring comes along, I just go along with popping allergy pills every day, and even reach out for the cough syrup to clear up my sinuses.

Also, my baby sister has also a strong reaction to Febreeze/air fresheners in general. We banned it altogether from the house, because it makes her start coughing and wheezing and choking right as she smells it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I have a contact allergy to metal on my skin. Nickel, gold, silver they all give me a rash and raise blisters. I once got a very nasty cut that the emergency room stapled shut and I was too out of it to tell them I was allergic. That was a fun 3 weeks of healing. The only other thing I know I am allergic to is penicillin. When I was a kid I got a fever and hives when I took penicillin the first time.

Luckily I am not allergic to ant bites or stings/bites in general. Once in elementary we were having a fire drill and I turned out to be standing in a fire ant hill. I was covered up to my waist in fireants and there was not one centimeter of skin that didn't have a translucent ant bites. Ugh I can still remember the itching and only being able to rub ice on my legs.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    I'm.... Allergic to my own sweat. Which is weird, but yeah, hives and itchiness where sweat accumulates on my body. Very inconvenient, will leave scarring at times, mainly when I itch.

Also, allergic to synthetics, and I'm sensitive to wool, thus my clothing is all cotton, light, preferably.

I'm allergic to most metals too, it's nothing too crazy, but when I was younger, I couldn't even put on a ring, or wear a bracelet or necklace, nor use earrings, or the area would either swell, irritate, or break out in rashes. Nowadays, it's mostly the earrings, they make my earlobe swell like a ping-pong ball, and any sort of intrusion of metal into my skin, like once when I was in Chemistry class burning metals and I already had a winter rash on my hand, but I spilled metal powder onto my hand and it broke out.

I'm also allergic to latex, once against, not too crazy, but... Let's just say it's not a fun time when anything with latex touches more sensitive areas. It literally burns and flares up the area within minutes.

Last but not least, I do get hayfever on the Spring and early Summer, mainly when the pollen count is too high, my sinuses get all stuffy and my eyes, itchy.
    oh my god ;~; that is awful

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Espeon For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (02-02-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I have no allergies that I know of, thankfully.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by people View Post
    I have no allergies that I know of, thankfully.
    You're lucky :o

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 16h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't have any food allergies but I can't eat raw fruit/vegetables because they make my throat itch, I'm guessing because of the pollen or something that gets on/in them. I have really bad seasonal allergies that are kind of transforming into year round allergies... I'm extremely allergic to cats which is super sad because I just want to love them. I also react to cigarette smoke if I'm in a closed in room with it, if it's outside I'm usually okay. But I'm kind of sheltered in the sense that I'm a picky eater, I've never been stung by a bee (which my mom has a serious allergy to), and I've not had to take many medications so there could be more things that I'm allergic to that I just haven't been exposed to yet.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I'm severely allergic to capsaicin, mildly allergic to menthol, and have poor reactions to coconut and canned beans.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 22h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    i don't, but my cousin is allergic to shellfish. she breaks out into big hives. recently, i think it's gotten better with prawns? but she can't touch crabs and anything else.

i'm allergic to cats tho, but i still love them so much ;w; i'll suffer the dander and sneezing and rash scratching in exchange for cuddles. i'm also allergic to one particularly strong painkiller, broke out into boils on my face.
    Last edited by Hiraeth; 02-03-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    dust and animals
    i love animals so its....
    i also get really bad hay fever ;___;

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,160 times
    Time Online
    555d 10h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I've gotten increasingly bad reactions to bee stings, so now I have to be careful. I also stopped eating crustaceans because of several consecutive incidents of feeling like I was being kicked in the stomach, but I might test my lcuk and see if those were just coincidences.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB