87/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 9h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Interesting Scam. Not even mad.

So I'm trying to sell a phone online, and I had my number listed. I got a few texts from someone who was purportedly interested in buying the phone. They told me that they were calling from a google voice number and that I would have to enter a two digit code to connect to them (which seemed to fit, if they didn't have a phone available they might need to use google voice).
    But after I entered the code I heard the message "Thank you for verifying your account, to change your voicemail press 1."

Haha I can't believe I completely fell for it. I had almost no suspicion. I know I should have but, oh well. I've secured everything already, but I thought I'd share this. Honestly if I could I'd congratulate who it was that got me. That was smooth.

Also, I know it isn't the type of behavior that cK supports, but this would be an interesting way to get around needing numbers for account verification when doing unregs.. Just maybe a little more time consuming.

Sorry I haven't been as active lately! I won't have enough time to be active for a bit, but before too long I'll be back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vaughnster For This Useful Post:

luscinyx (08-21-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Sorry to hear that! It's quite refreshing to see a calm and logical reaction though xD Teach me, please?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TtotheJ For This Useful Post:

vaughnster (03-03-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    87/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 9h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttothej View Post
    Sorry to hear that! It's quite refreshing to see a calm and logical reaction though xD Teach me, please?
    Haha I just appreciate it, it's funny. I got a little stressed when google was no help at all, but still.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnster View Post
    Haha I just appreciate it, it's funny. I got a little stressed when google was no help at all, but still.
    Haha no question. Some people flip their hypocrite switch when shit like this happens. I love it when someone says "they're an asshole for doing that," but easily forget that they've done the same kinda shit, which makes them the bigger asshole lmao

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk