Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have any food or other allergies?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Do you have any food or other allergies?

I have no food allergies, but I'm allergic to penicillin and sulfa meds.

Thought this could be an interesting discussion!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    I have seasonal/spring allergies, which I assume is due to the pollen in the air lol. I didn't use to have it, and some years it's worse than others. Last year, I didn't get it at all. It's weird. My mom has severe spring allergies, though.
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I get watery eyes during spring due to snow mold. But that is very common. No food allergies thank god.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    I have seasonal/spring allergies, which I assume is due to the pollen in the air lol. I didn't use to have it, and some years it's worse than others. Last year, I didn't get it at all. It's weird. My mom has severe spring allergies, though.
    Yeah, I do too.

Sometimes it's triggered by a move - so if you moved for college, that could be it. I think that's what happened to mean.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    I get watery eyes during spring due to snow mold. But that is very common. No food allergies thank god.
    eep. snow mold. ;~;

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I'm allergic to a radiocontrast dyes. That's the stuff they inject in a person before an xray so organs and such are easier to distinguish. It makes me break out in hives and my throat close up. I was already in the emergency room for appendicitis when I had the reaction, so it didn't progress very far before a nurse stabbed me with a needle that made it go away. :p

Also, codeine. Holy shit, codeine and me are an awful combination.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to unknowable For This Useful Post:

kittyray (01-30-2017)

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I'm.... Allergic to my own sweat. Which is weird, but yeah, hives and itchiness where sweat accumulates on my body. Very inconvenient, will leave scarring at times, mainly when I itch.

Also, allergic to synthetics, and I'm sensitive to wool, thus my clothing is all cotton, light, preferably.

I'm allergic to most metals too, it's nothing too crazy, but when I was younger, I couldn't even put on a ring, or wear a bracelet or necklace, nor use earrings, or the area would either swell, irritate, or break out in rashes. Nowadays, it's mostly the earrings, they make my earlobe swell like a ping-pong ball, and any sort of intrusion of metal into my skin, like once when I was in Chemistry class burning metals and I already had a winter rash on my hand, but I spilled metal powder onto my hand and it broke out.

I'm also allergic to latex, once against, not too crazy, but... Let's just say it's not a fun time when anything with latex touches more sensitive areas. It literally burns and flares up the area within minutes.

Last but not least, I do get hayfever on the Spring and early Summer, mainly when the pollen count is too high, my sinuses get all stuffy and my eyes, itchy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    137/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Hay fever for me. I don't think I am lactose intolerant as I can handle it in small amounts but I don't do dairy well either.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 7h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have allergies in the spring, but i don't know what exact thing makes me sneeze. I also am allergic to the dogs but i love them too much so i own and hug them anyways ~.~

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    I'm.... Allergic to my own sweat. Which is weird, but yeah, hives and itchiness where sweat accumulates on my body. Very inconvenient, will leave scarring at times, mainly when I itch.

Also, allergic to synthetics, and I'm sensitive to wool, thus my clothing is all cotton, light, preferably.

I'm allergic to most metals too, it's nothing too crazy, but when I was younger, I couldn't even put on a ring, or wear a bracelet or necklace, nor use earrings, or the area would either swell, irritate, or break out in rashes. Nowadays, it's mostly the earrings, they make my earlobe swell like a ping-pong ball, and any sort of intrusion of metal into my skin, like once when I was in Chemistry class burning metals and I already had a winter rash on my hand, but I spilled metal powder onto my hand and it broke out.

I'm also allergic to latex, once against, not too crazy, but... Let's just say it's not a fun time when anything with latex touches more sensitive areas. It literally burns and flares up the area within minutes.

Last but not least, I do get hayfever on the Spring and early Summer, mainly when the pollen count is too high, my sinuses get all stuffy and my eyes, itchy.
    Wow, that sounds like you have a lot to deal with there. The sweat one is the worst though- I'd hope you live in a cooler area to minimise the impact on your life.

I have strong reactions to mosquito bites that suck (no pun intended). As a kid my legs were always so scarred from them. It's not as bad nowadays, but I still hate showing my legs.
    I've had one-off reactions to Febreze fabric spray shit and some chemical they sprayed on the cotton plants in a town I once lived in, but nothing recurring.

I hate when doctors ask if you have any allergies though. I mean, I understand why they do it, but my reply is always "not as far as I know" because hell, I haven't exposed myself to every random thing out there. I might be, and just not be aware of it.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    87d 12h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I am allergic to Gauva I get terrible headaches from it.