Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with proxies/VPNs and with getting a new account?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/3
    Mentioned
    109 times
    Time Online
    83d 21h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) It's been discussed around here before and most people say they take in count login and log out but it never hurts to keep it on all the time you are inside the account just to be safe, since it's not 100% known.
    If a remember right they only saw your IP on login & logout BUT with the exception there's some script on the page (IDK which one exactly nor if its random) that will catch up your IP, pretty sure its an AD or smth.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Still kinda relevant, I downloaded hotspot shield which was working just fine up until today. Now I just get "Something went wrong! We're trying to fix the problem. It might take a few seconds..." except it's been hours and restarting the program and my pc didn't help.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    This is the only time i'll share this information again.

popular VPN's have become over crowded, apart from them having terrible connection issues to Neopets.com. They are also KNOWN vpn IP addresses. Meaning Neopets knows your using a VPN. They just can't prove anything because it would be against ethics for them to make that claim unless they contacted HMA directly, but it's not like they care, so they may take the unethical approach and ban anyways. Which happens more so than you think.

If my expert opinion holds any value I recommend using a paid for private proxy. Same deal as VPN except a few things:
    1. You and only you can access these proxies, MUCH faster. Even if someone figures out your proxy, they can't use it without you authorizing their home IP access.
    2. Your proxies are HTTP/HTTPS and have 90%+ uptime.
    3. Your proxy address is static for the entire month or static for lifetime depending on the package/ setup you buy.
    (With VPN's they choose from multiple addresses from a single given location, meaning your IP is different each time you use that location)

Doing this method also gives you the flexability to access multiple accounts and browse them at the same exact time. You DO NOT have to worry about clearing browser sessions, changing ip and then accessing a different account. The proxy will be set in the browser itself, there are PLENTY of add-ons that accept proxy:port format, therefore that location and proxy is set only for that browser/ browsing session.

Not to mention, most programs use proxy:port. Using the methods mentioned above you can run multiple programs on multiple accounts at the same time.

The list goes on about benefits. Gotta do a little research my friends.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

jxt (01-28-2017),Raposa (02-02-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    10d 1h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    This is the only time i'll share this information again.

popular VPN's have become over crowded, apart from them having terrible connection issues to Neopets.com. They are also KNOWN vpn IP addresses. Meaning Neopets knows your using a VPN. They just can't prove anything because it would be against ethics for them to make that claim unless they contacted HMA directly, but it's not like they care, so they may take the unethical approach and ban anyways. Which happens more so than you think.
    I've been a long time VPN user and while I agree with some of your points, my biggest issue as someone who runs a TON of shells is the price of proxies/month. The VPN I use offers 30~40 North American servers and while they aren't dedicated to just my use, it only costs me around $8/month. For a monthly proxy subscription to 5~10 private proxies is over double the price of a VPN sub from my quickly searching for paid proxies because what you said did interest me.

I have found that some servers on my VPN have either been blocked or simply do not work with Neopets, but that's been limited. Personally I bounce around between around 20 different servers on my VPN just fine. It would be nice to use multiple accounts under a different IP at once though, but for me personally I'd be paying upwards of $50/month for 20 servers, which is ridiculous.

Being user friendly/ease of use for a VPN client is also a big selling point for me. There's no dicking around, two clicks and you're connected to a VPN. If you're changing IPs multiple times a day that's a big bonus in my opinion.
    Last edited by jxt; 01-28-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by jxt View Post
    I've been a long time VPN user and while I agree with some of your points, my biggest issue as someone who runs a TON of shells is the price of proxies/month. The VPN I use offers 30~40 North American servers and while they aren't dedicated to just my use, it only costs me around $8/month. For a monthly proxy subscription to 5~10 private proxies is over double the price of a VPN sub from my quickly searching for paid proxies because what you said did interest me.

I have found that some servers on my VPN have either been blocked or simply do not work with Neopets, but that's been limited. Personally I bounce around between around 20 different servers on my VPN just fine. It would be nice to use multiple accounts under a different IP at once though, but for me personally I'd be paying upwards of $50/month for 20 servers, which is ridiculous.

Being user friendly/ease of use for a VPN client is also a big selling point for me. There's no dicking around, two clicks and you're connected to a VPN. If you're changing IPs multiple times a day that's a big bonus in my opinion.
    Now that all depends on how you use it. For someone who is really into keeping their accounts separated the way i mentioned is the way to go, since you'll be able to easily come back to the account without any suspicions. While the latter if you come back to the account, your on a new IP even if it's the same location. Which may not be a big deal, but eventually it can catch up to you.

But again it all depends how you use it. With a vpn, you can only pw check 80 accounts per ip and you'd have to go in a string (check 80, change ip then check 80 again so on so forth)
    With what i've detailed, i can pw check 80,000 accounts in a matter of minutes. granted it would cost some money for the proxies.

So there are benefits to a vpn being easier and possibly cheaper. But if you get a very good reliable vpn it is more costly as well.
    Like privateinternetaccess for example.

Furthermore some VPN services offer private proxies for premium subscriptions.

But when it comes to keeping your account 100% safe, the method i laid out above is the preferred method.

Don't get me wrong i got multiple HMA subscriptions and NordVPN as well as a few others. I've done the research for you. The best service is probably privateinternetaccess, second best form my experience is NordVPN. HSS and others are garbage and HMA was only good because it had an API to incorporate into programs. However it is becoming more and more limited and when you start doing further servers from your location it almost becomes impossible to connect to neo (unless you already did your HW and figured out which servers neopets didn't throttle.)

PS you can get 20 dedicated private proxies on newipnow.com for $20 bucks if you use the google search promo. They credit it to your account.
    Last edited by |2eap; 01-28-2017 at 11:09 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

jxt (01-28-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    10d 1h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    So there are benefits to a vpn being easier and possibly cheaper. But if you get a very good reliable vpn it is more costly as well.
    Like privateinternetaccess for example.
    Thanks for your comment, but I just have to add that the first time I lost 60 shells I was using PIA, lol. My main survived, though.

I've switched to a different service now and it's been smooth sailing.

Edit: Not that I was using 60 shells at once, they were chain frozen. I actually don't think PIA to be very good, limited servers and for my location (Canada) very slow. I'm much happier with the service I use now.
    Last edited by jxt; 01-29-2017 at 12:16 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jxt For This Useful Post:

|2eap (01-29-2017)