Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Python - Searching SDB for specific item.

  1. #1



    |2eap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,399
    Userbars
    13
    Thanks
    2,490
    Thanked 2,662 Times in 1,377 Posts
    Downloads
    75
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    822 Post(s)
    Time Online
    111 d 9 h 48 m
    Avg. Time Online
    52 m
    Rep Power
    16

    Python - Searching SDB for specific item.

    So i've been tinkering around for awhile with some code and I can't seem to figure it out.

    I've tried this


    And i've tried as a get



    I am successfully authorized on Neopets and logged in. It keep returning "Not finding any items matching your criteria" When it is in-fact in the SDB.

    Furthermore, I've tried c/p the url exactly when doing a get and i still get "Not finding any items matching your criteria".

    I've tested another users code using a different login method and mechanizing the browser and it seems to work following the paths/controllers.

    What am I missing?

    What is weird is, if I remove the check and just run the code straight through, it will remove the item IF it is in the SDB. if it is not in the SDB. it will still attempt to and say it has successfully done so even when it hasn't. The only time it prints error removing item is if there is a faulty pin.

    Thanks lads, contact me here or skype(preferably) if you got me.

  2. #2
    Black on Black Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    117
    Userbars
    6
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 92 Times in 52 Posts
    Downloads
    24
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Time Online
    7 d 2 h 56 m
    Avg. Time Online
    3 m
    Rep Power
    10
    Tum de dum
    Last edited by Vegeta; 01-31-2017 at 12:38 PM.

  3. #3
    Zachafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,219
    Userbars
    6
    Thanks
    762
    Thanked 1,445 Times in 673 Posts
    Downloads
    97
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Time Online
    24 d 8 h 7 m
    Avg. Time Online
    10 m
    Rep Power
    18
    @|2eap
    You set the encodedItem variable but is not used in the rest of the code.
    Debug the values of pos1, pos2, pos3, html[pos2:pos3], and html (after the final acc.post call) , and the problem should become obvious

    Not sure what class you are using for web connections, but I know that some home-made solutions have problems with POSTing when a ? is in the URL.
    Last edited by Zachafer; 01-26-2017 at 01:34 PM.

  4. #4



    |2eap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,399
    Userbars
    13
    Thanks
    2,490
    Thanked 2,662 Times in 1,377 Posts
    Downloads
    75
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    822 Post(s)
    Time Online
    111 d 9 h 48 m
    Avg. Time Online
    52 m
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachafer View Post
    @|2eap
    You set the encodedItem variable but is not used in the rest of the code.
    Debug the values of pos1, pos2, pos3, html[pos2:pos3], and html (after the final acc.post call) , and the problem should become obvious

    Not sure what class you are using for web connections, but I know that some home-made solutions have problems with POSTing when a ? is in the URL.
    The variable encodedItem in the first code snippet was just there from trying as a get in example two. I should have taken it out or commented it out but it's not needed in the post request.


    And the second post request still removes the item from SDB. its the initial request for searching the specific item that returns the item is not in SDB. I've tried it as a get and post but it returns the same thing.

    This is where it's happening.

    url = "http://www.neopets.com/safetydeposit.phtml"
    postdata = {}
    postdata['obj_name'] = item
    postdata['category'] = 0
    html = acc.post(url, postdata)
    print html

    or

    encodedItem = item.lower().replace(" ", "+").strip()
    url = "http://www.neopets.com/safetydeposit.phtml?obj_name=" + encodedItem + "&category=0"

    html = acc.get(url)
    print html

    I'm logging in with a edited working variation of neoaccount.py. But basically the same build

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,879
    Userbars
    18
    Thanks
    1,619
    Thanked 3,292 Times in 998 Posts
    Downloads
    223
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Time Online
    132 d 23 h 52 m
    Avg. Time Online
    58 m
    Rep Power
    0
    From my kad feeder:

    @|2eap I can send you my SDB remover if you want. I think I updated it not long ago but forgot to upload here.

    Edit:
    The code it's copied&pasted from another program and I just noticed that if you want to remove the item "Mau Codestone" and you have 10 it'll remove all of them.
    Last edited by Daviid; 01-27-2017 at 03:57 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daviid For This Useful Post:

    |2eap (02-01-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •