I did research and saw a previous suggestion in 2012 about this, but it had went nowhere.

I feel with the right planning and coordination, it could be something fun for the forum. With 273 visitors already today, it would be a good way to keep people occupied while playing neopets.

Simple DJ streams during non-busy hours where its just a nonstop playlist, but DJ's which would be a part of CK Radio Staff, book slots and can come up with their own shows. They can include trivia, giveaways, host a show completely offtopic to neopets, have guests on their show, they create it, book it weekly. Visitors can request songs.

This would all be based off of a simple platform that is easy to install onto a server, DJ's/admins login through a Control Panel for the radio, and DJ's broadcast of Winamp or SAM Broadcaster (Which is more preferable, and I have copies for everyone).
The platform I would have to dig up off my harddrive for the radio CP. But you can host a pretty simple free radio station that holds a good bandwidth for beginner to see how popular it would be.

Just my suggestion, which of course I'd be open to helping with. A new direction for CK, give it a try maybe.