Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Clraik Radio Station

  1. #1
    Xiloscient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    181
    Userbars
    7
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 73 Times in 51 Posts
    Downloads
    46
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Time Online
    5 d 5 h 14 m
    Avg. Time Online
    3 m
    Rep Power
    7

    Clraik Radio Station

    I did research and saw a previous suggestion in 2012 about this, but it had went nowhere.

    I feel with the right planning and coordination, it could be something fun for the forum. With 273 visitors already today, it would be a good way to keep people occupied while playing neopets.

    Simple DJ streams during non-busy hours where its just a nonstop playlist, but DJ's which would be a part of CK Radio Staff, book slots and can come up with their own shows. They can include trivia, giveaways, host a show completely offtopic to neopets, have guests on their show, they create it, book it weekly. Visitors can request songs.

    This would all be based off of a simple platform that is easy to install onto a server, DJ's/admins login through a Control Panel for the radio, and DJ's broadcast of Winamp or SAM Broadcaster (Which is more preferable, and I have copies for everyone).
    The platform I would have to dig up off my harddrive for the radio CP. But you can host a pretty simple free radio station that holds a good bandwidth for beginner to see how popular it would be.

    Just my suggestion, which of course I'd be open to helping with. A new direction for CK, give it a try maybe.

  2. #2
    Bettser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,010
    Userbars
    27
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 3,751 Times in 1,676 Posts
    Downloads
    41
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Time Online
    367 d 9 h 27 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 42 m
    Rep Power
    19
    Seems like a fun idea to be honest, and I'm for it. If you could do a bit of research into an appropriate plug-in and such, we can definitely have a staff discussion about it.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

    Dad (01-19-2017),Xiloscient (01-15-2017)

  4. #3
    Aura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,999
    Userbars
    22
    Thanks
    4,548
    Thanked 4,743 Times in 2,039 Posts
    Downloads
    64
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    934 Post(s)
    Time Online
    291 d 16 h 10 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 34 m
    Rep Power
    15
    That would be a fun idea. There was a discussion for this before, but nothing ever came out of it and it was years ago.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

    Xiloscient (01-15-2017)

  6. #4
    Xiloscient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    181
    Userbars
    7
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 73 Times in 51 Posts
    Downloads
    46
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Time Online
    5 d 5 h 14 m
    Avg. Time Online
    3 m
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    Seems like a fun idea to be honest, and I'm for it. If you could do a bit of research into an appropriate plug-in and such, we can definitely have a staff discussion about it.
    http://www.caster.fm/free-shoutcast.php

    Obviously can be upgraded to a Pro Server if it ends up being worth it. I used it for a basic radio station startup for my friend and it did the job needed to be done as long as the DJ's were connecting/streaming properly.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Xiloscient For This Useful Post:

    Bettser (01-15-2017)

  8. #5
    freshoffthetrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    13
    Userbars
    0
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Time Online
    5 h 7 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    5
    The irony about this idea is that I used to run some high profile radio stations for MMOs from the past. I still have full access to all the resources from back in the day.. everything from software licenses, broadcasting software for live broadcasting, music libraries, and of course, radio servers ready to go should this suggestion come to fruition. Why did I leave radio? Profits were down. People switched to Spotify/Apple Music which provides far better quality music, for a larger audience and has a huge variety of music compared to a simple radio server. The only appeal one would find in a simple online radio station is that you get to hear the voices of the members who are broadcasting from this forum... which has also been easily replaced by platforms like Skype and Discord.

    It's a great idea... and if you guys want to do this, count me in.. but at the end of the day.. it's more of a nostalgia/"let's do this just because" sort of thing, given the copious amounts of technical replacements that are out today.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freshoffthetrev For This Useful Post:

    Bettser (01-15-2017),Dad (01-19-2017)

  10. #6
    Xiloscient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    181
    Userbars
    7
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 73 Times in 51 Posts
    Downloads
    46
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Time Online
    5 d 5 h 14 m
    Avg. Time Online
    3 m
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by freshoffthetrev View Post
    The irony about this idea is that I used to run some high profile radio stations for MMOs from the past. I still have full access to all the resources from back in the day.. everything from software licenses, broadcasting software for live broadcasting, music libraries, and of course, radio servers ready to go should this suggestion come to fruition. Why did I leave radio? Profits were down. People switched to Spotify/Apple Music which provides far better quality music, for a larger audience and has a huge variety of music compared to a simple radio server. The only appeal one would find in a simple online radio station is that you get to hear the voices of the members who are broadcasting from this forum... which has also been easily replaced by platforms like Skype and Discord.

    It's a great idea... and if you guys want to do this, count me in.. but at the end of the day.. it's more of a nostalgia/"let's do this just because" sort of thing, given the copious amounts of technical replacements that are out today.
    It's more of a, let's do this to add a feature to the site that doesn't exist. We have the community, it's time to bring something else to the community.

    I have still Habbo Fansite Owners asking me to do startups for their sites, people still do attempt to do it. It's all about your community and your mindset.

  11. #7
    Mama Tiger Kylae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,213
    Userbars
    17
    Thanks
    404
    Thanked 3,337 Times in 974 Posts
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Time Online
    275 d 12 h 51 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 1 m
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by freshoffthetrev View Post
    The irony about this idea is that I used to run some high profile radio stations for MMOs from the past.
    What stations? I was an old MMO Radio DJ for roughly about eight years, lol.

    I ran off a SAM broadcaster, and I know it would need a key (well, at least it used to).

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kylae For This Useful Post:

    Xiloscient (01-15-2017)

  13. #8
    Xiloscient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    181
    Userbars
    7
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 73 Times in 51 Posts
    Downloads
    46
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Time Online
    5 d 5 h 14 m
    Avg. Time Online
    3 m
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylae View Post
    What stations? I was an old MMO Radio DJ for roughly about eight years, lol.

    I ran off a SAM broadcaster, and I know it would need a key (well, at least it used to).
    I have Crack's for SAM Available

  14. #9
    freshoffthetrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    13
    Userbars
    0
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Time Online
    5 h 7 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiloscient View Post
    It's more of a, let's do this to add a feature to the site that doesn't exist. We have the community, it's time to bring something else to the community.

    I have still Habbo Fansite Owners asking me to do startups for their sites, people still do attempt to do it. It's all about your community and your mindset.
    It makes sense, I don't discredit that. I still think it's kind of outdated for 2017 though.. which is probably why it hasn't happened. I'm on your side about radio, I think it's neat.. but at the same time, it's been snuffed out by everything else. Maybe if the admins of cK created something that rewarded innovation from the community.. almost like research and development.. and maybe just hand them vip status or something?

    Back to the topic though, radio.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kylae View Post
    What stations? I was an old MMO Radio DJ for roughly about eight years, lol.

    I ran off a SAM broadcaster, and I know it would need a key (well, at least it used to).
    Some of the companies I've worked with would include Sulake, Nexon, and Riot. You may have been a DJ at one of those stations. Trying to be discreet here due to the nature of this site. LOL

  15. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7
    Userbars
    0
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 h 31 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm down for this! It sounds pretty dang great! Please it'll make things more lively while you sit and do nothing for hours! Count me in to help any way I can!
    I ran a "club" on Utherverse for awhile. It was pretty fun! (I don't recommend that website though, it can be rather explicit.)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •