Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get away with bought UCs on your main?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m

How to get away with bought UCs on your main?

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask this? It seemed appropriate, this being the neopets chat and all.

I haven't used neopets in years, and I recently came back to a basically empty main. While I don't wish to start over on a new account, as I've always owned mine, I do wish I could get UCs in it and still be able to talk or even trade on the boards. Is that at all possible? Do any of you got any tips?

When people say "PC Safe Pets" does that mean no one would suspect a thing if I bought one and tried to trade it?
    Last edited by lagrima; 01-11-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    200 times
    Time Online
    39d 17h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    If you are a return player or new acc in neopet most prabably you will need to post slowly in the pc and other boards to make friends there and let people to be familiar with your username.

PC -Safe pet are pets that hang around and well known by the people in the PC so they are safe to be trade and won't cause you problems .

You could wait for rachel to tell you more in details as I'm not that good with explaining too xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    But, if they're well known by the PC, won't they think it's weird if some nobody suddenly has it? Granted I'll try working on my account first (it's got an ok amount of avies and is quite an old account, but aside from that it's nothing special).

I would love to hear more details or tips

P.S: Who's the girl in your siggy? She's cute.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 44m
    They seem to only care about unknown UCs if they are VWN AND high end, I've had unknown high end pets on my main and posted around, no one bothered me about them because they all had awful names, and I've tested this many times. Just focus on making your account presentable, make a friend or two and don't draw much attention to yourself (e.g by making boards) unless you've built some reputation already

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cybun For This Useful Post:

♥ lagrima ♥ (01-11-2017)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    200 times
    Time Online
    39d 17h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by lagrima View Post
    P.S: Who's the girl in your siggy? She's cute.
    She is MoMo from Twice (K-pop group).

PC have quite a few post that talk about goals and dreams etc you can start off by chatting there and slowly build your reputation in the pc if you like to.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    They seem to only care about unknown UCs if they are VWN AND high end, I've had unknown high end pets on my main and posted around, no one bothered me about them because they all had awful names, and I've tested this many times. Just focus on making your account presentable, make a friend or two and don't draw much attention to yourself (e.g by making boards) unless you've built some reputation already
    Really? So let's say I make my account presentable, post for a while, and then I get a bn/dn/vbn high end pet on my main. Would people bother me if I tried to actually trade them?

Quote Originally Posted by o0tsubasa0o View Post
    She is MoMo from Twice (K-pop group).

PC have quite a few post that talk about goals and dreams etc you can start off by chatting there and slowly build your reputation in the pc if you like to.
    I've heard of Twice! Never heard any of their songs though....

Ohhhh I've seen those boards. Say I post on them for a while, maybe make a project page for x UC pet...If I end up buying said pet, would it seem suspicious?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 44m
    Really? So let's say I make my account presentable, post for a while, and then I get a bn/dn/vbn high end pet on my main. Would people bother me if I tried to actually trade them?
    I think you should get the pet first before posting, to make it seem like you're a returning player and the pet has been with you for many years, and you must make it seem like it, give the pet a cheap petlookup, a little story, and after letting the PC recognize your UC, you can trade it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    I think you should get the pet first before posting, to make it seem like you're a returning player and the pet has been with you for many years, and you must make it seem like it, give the pet a cheap petlookup, a little story, and after letting the PC recognize your UC, you can trade it.
    Good point! How long would you say it takes for the PC to start recognizing your pets and trusting you, on average? Should I post a lot in the beginning, as a returning player? Would you say that helps?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 44m
    Good point! How long would you say it takes for the PC to start recognizing your pets and trusting you, on average? Should I post a lot in the beginning, as a returning player? Would you say that helps?
    I dunno, it might be for the best to wait at least a month for them to recognize you as "chic with X the UC Y", and I say at least. Start by posting very little, just a good luck here and there, maybe small talk with an OP in their own trading board, as I said don't draw much attention to yourself in the beginning.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3d 3h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I think I would buy the pet first, Wait a while and then post on boards casually. Sometimes have the uc as your active, sometimes your converted pet.
    Lurk the pc a bit to avoid the drama queens and all should be well