Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you buy your neopoints, or make them, or both?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahotsnow View Post
    It really depends on your luck. I usually get at least 1 or 2 nerkmids, sold them at average 60k each. That's 120k right there. 10 days of these, you'll become neo-millionaire
    Hmm Interesting Muhahahahaha $.$

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I make my own with Abing ETS buyable items, playing food club, trudys. Too paranoid to buy nps really. Don't have a ton of money because I am on a fixed income so the only time I do make any purchases it is for NC stuff or collection items that are on sale for way less than the 2 bucks per million going rate(I think that is the current rate?).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    10d 1h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I think the rate of $2/1m is too high, especially when the things people want are 10m, 20m, 30m, etc. that's $20+, which is a lot of money for a game like Neopets. I'd much rather spend the way less on a VIP membership to AB and make my own NP while I'm off doing other stuff IRL.

I used to buy currency in Maplestory many years ago when that game was at it's peak, for $20 you could buy 100m. So yeah, the rate (given the state of Neopets and the economy) doesn't make sense to me. At it's peak I could see that rate, but not these days.

Edit: Because I know someone will bring it up, yes it's easier to bot Meso than NP, but to make 100m in Neopets isn't that hard either through botting on multiple accounts, so I just don't see 1m NP being worth $2 when you can make over 1m in less than an hour of ABing.
    Last edited by jxt; 12-30-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    10d 20h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by jxt View Post
    I think the rate of $2/1m is too high, especially when the things people want are 10m, 20m, 30m, etc. that's $20+, which is a lot of money for a game like Neopets. I'd much rather spend the way less on a VIP membership to AB and make my own NP while I'm off doing other stuff IRL.

I used to buy currency in Maplestory many years ago when that game was at it's peak, for $20 you could buy 100m. So yeah, the rate (given the state of Neopets and the economy) doesn't make sense to me. At it's peak I could see that rate, but not these days.

Edit: Because I know someone will bring it up, yes it's easier to bot Meso than NP, but to make 100m in Neopets isn't that hard either through botting on multiple accounts, so I just don't see 1m NP being worth $2 when you can make over 1m in less than an hour of ABing.
    for whatever reason, i've always thought of buying ETS as safer than ABing. not sure about buying NP. but that would be the main reason i prefer to purchase items/NP over ABing.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 18h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    never bought nps, and when I was legit I had close to 1b

now that I cheat, I have way more, so I just sell them when I can

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    never bought nps. that's why I'm poor.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I need to get into this AB thing.... The most illegit thing I risk on my account is rsing with AdBlock.... I can change my IP freely without proxies, just restarting my connection.... Maybe making a lot of accounts is worth? But to ab they need to age to 3 months, right?

And I feel I'm an average player with my wallet... Let's say, like 5m? It's a joke, I know...... I'm slow at these things

Sent from my SM-G920I

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    7d 3h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Haven't bought anything yet, but might consider it sometime in the near future. So far I've earned everything. Is ABing or buying NP items usually considered safer?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    10d 1h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddoggo View Post
    for whatever reason, i've always thought of buying ETS as safer than ABing. not sure about buying NP. but that would be the main reason i prefer to purchase items/NP over ABing.
    Here's my break down,

Clraik VIP in CAD, $7/month.

VPN sub in CAD, $20/month. Can be had for cheaper, but I like the one I use after trying the cheaper ones.

I've purchased shells from Clraik, which is a one time fee. Can't really factor that in as a monthly sub, but over the many months of use I get out of them it comes out to what I would assume is cents/month. Typically I make 30m~40m/month and I sell everything I get at half price, so if you have more patience than I do that's 60m~80m/month. If you were to buy NP at the rate of $2/1m, that comes out to a minimum of $60/month to $160/month, which is insane. If you've already got a VIP sub and use Stealth, invest a bit more for a VPN, some shells, and go nuts. Way cheaper, way easier, and way more bang for your buck.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jxt For This Useful Post:

gooddoggo (01-01-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m