Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Rest in Peace Carrie Fischer.

(you need an account to see links)

I am really feeling this one. Alan Rickman, David Bowie, and Carrie Fischer. These are the ones I will miss the most this year. Ugh

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    It's very sad news. 2016 just doesn't stop taking good people from the world. RIP.
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Carrie Fischer is a hard one to take. I just saw her too here for a comic con type event. We walked right past her and got all giddy "there is Princess Leia!!!"

May the force be with you Leia

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not..."-Yoda

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Stocking Anarchy (12-27-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    This one hits me hard I've been following Star Wars since I was little, my dad has always been a huge fan and he passed that liking to me. She's one with the force now, RIP.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    It's very sad news. 2016 just doesn't stop taking good people from the world. RIP.
    I kinda feel like it is an omen. As if someone up high is all "Ok y'all done good work. 2017 is gonna be pretty bad so lets just get you outta there now.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    12d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    RIP. Just recently got into rewatching all other Star Wars movie after Rogue One is out. This is hard

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I personally do not understand how people can have such strong emotional reactions to the deaths of celebrities. 150,000 people die every day, most of whom one's never met. I feel empathy for her family in their grief, but struggle to relate to fans who are so upset. I guess in my mind it is one thing to be all "oh, that's sad that X who did that thing I like died, because now I can't have more of that thing" and another to literally cry about it. Perhaps that makes me a heartless robot. *shrug*

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I am not utterly devastated, but it's saddening to see her go. Star Wars is my jam.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    I personally do not understand how people can have such strong emotional reactions to the deaths of celebrities. 150,000 people die every day, most of whom one's never met. I feel empathy for her family in their grief, but struggle to relate to fans who are so upset. I guess in my mind it is one thing to be all "oh, that's sad that X who did that thing I like died, because now I can't have more of that thing" and another to literally cry about it. Perhaps that makes me a heartless robot. *shrug*

I'm generally like that as well, specially if I don't know much of the celebrity or if I never followed their work, but when it's someone related to movies/music I have enjoyed my whole life it tends to mark me a little mostly because I feel that part of that "thing " I have always enjoyed it's now gone. It happened to me with the suicide of Robin Williams since many of the movies he did were a constant thing on my childhood so it felt like that died with him. Same with Alan Rickman. I don't really cry about it tbh (I know some people do though, specially huge fans of their work) but still haha

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (12-28-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    I completely agree with you. My fiance's family are big star wars fans. Read all the books, obsessed over the movies.. They are all heart broken over her death and I am just like "eeerrr.... okay"

I mean, I watched the movies. Its sad when anyone dies, but like idgaf. People die, thats life.