2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 5h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

East coast vs west coast? (US)

Hey all, I have lived on the east coast my whole life. Born in Jersey, raised in NC, and I've now lived in Boston for ~10 years.

I'm finishing up my degree and strongly considering moving to the pacific north west (Portland, Seattle, maybe northern Cal)

Who here lives on west coast? Has anybody here lived on BOTH coasts? Share thoughts ya'll

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    7d 19h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Never lived or even been to the west coast, but I really want to... It looks absolutely amazing and every story I've heard from people who have either lived or been to say - California (or even Hawaii is on the west coast) has been a good one and all I hear about is how rich in culture their visit or life was. (Oh and how there is always something to do.) Even Alaska is on the west coast, so that would be an amazing place to go visit too. My dream place to go visit on the west coast is in California and it is the Edwards Air Force Base though. Or any of the air force bases out there in the desert near Nevada/Arizona.

Just look up a list of places to visit on the west coast and you'll see yourself how much there is to see and do. There is a lot of stuff to see and do on the east coast too of course but in my opinion there is a lot more on the west than east. But then again I've never been to the west coast myself so I can't really say can I?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 5h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    So I haven't spent much time out west, but I have been to Oregon and some rocky mountain states. Part of the draw for me is the nature - I'm outdoorsy, and I study environmental science and there are a lot more jobs in national/state parks, etc. There's just so much more undeveloped land! So far I've applied to jobs in OR, WA, CA, CO, UT, and MT. Haven't heard back from any yet, hopefully I will

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    I live on the west coast of BC, Canada, so that's pretty close to the States??
    I very much do love it here. I've been straight down along the American west coast but I've never been to the east coast so I can't make a proper comparison.
    In my opinion of what it's like here, it's very natureful and great for doing outdoor activities like hiking, doing water activities, and exploring parks and trails. It's very beautiful on this side. I'd like to visit the east coast one day if I get a chance, though, too.
    i love luna