75/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

Selling your ill-gotten goods

I'm getting some decent stuff from stealth, not really sure how to go about getting it sold. Posting on the TP or Auctioning the morphing potions I've gotten hasn't really yielded much results. Should I undercut by 100-200k? Seems like getting the goods is the easy part, selling being much harder for me. Somewhat new to neopets autobuying/restocking so thoughts or advice is very welcome.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10d 13h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Selling is the hardest part after restocking. I can provide some tips from my own experience:
    - Create a new trade for the object every day, ''online daily or posted x date'' in the description somehow helps cause people will expect a quick respond
    - Say you are willing to haggle
    - Advertise in the trading chat or avatar chat if you are selling stuff related to avys
    - Be patient.

If you feel the urge to quick get neopoints then sell to resellers, who sometimes post in the trading chat asking to buy with pure, but expect to sell your object 40-50% off (which isn't so bad considering you get it ilegit).

Hope this help in some way

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Polux For This Useful Post:

Byte (12-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Yeah that's great feedback. I appreciate it. Makes sense to me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Just putting this out there I would advise you hold onto those items for at least a week before you sell. I always put mine in sdb then sell when I no longer remember when I restocked. You make so much np anyway that selling much later really has no bearing. You will constantly be selling regardless so it is better to make it look like you have had the item longer than others think.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Byte (12-11-2016),thisismyname (12-12-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    10d 1h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    This is what I do, I know it won't be for everyone, but I easily sell 30m~40m+ of items a month I get from Stealth.

I sell at extreme discounts and I sell fast. I stockpile items for 2-3 weeks and sell all at once. I have a small handful of regulars who buy from me. I don't want to get too specific, but my feelings are I'm getting these items for free essentially, I put no effort into getting them, what Stealth bought them for is worth pennies, so selling them quick at a steep discount is still a lot of money in my pocket. I do not leave trades up, what doesn't sell I take off the TP after 15 minutes and try again another day, but then again I'm moving a lot of volume that probably looks suspicious to leave laying around on the trades so that's also something I'm cautious about.

I don't often advertise on the TC because it attracts too much attention and if you discount enough there's no need to advertise, you'll find regulars easy who won't question where the items come from because they're making easy money off you too. Everyone knows where the items come from, it's more about not attracting attention from the report happy people who are mad you're obviously cheating. The regulars who profit off you aren't going to cut off the hand that feeds them, but idiots who just see someone selling a ton of discount items will.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jxt For This Useful Post:

Byte (12-12-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    137/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation343 View Post
    Posting on the TP or Auctioning the morphing potions I've gotten hasn't really yielded much results. Should I undercut by 100-200k? Seems like getting the goods is the easy part, selling being much harder for me.
    I have found a lot of Morphing Potions are HTS these days. Expect to hold onto them for a while but you should be able to sell them eventually. I finally sold one a couple of days ago I had for over 6 months. In order to sell you probably will need to give a little bit of a discount but it also depends on how desperate you are for nps.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Sell cheap enough. You'll sell easily

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I would advise you to sell the items slow and steady as its more safe rather than selling them for half the price and attracting a lot of attention towards yourself but that's just my opinion Gl selling

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Tbh - I've had more luck in the auction house than the trading post lately. When I have time, I'll put things up in the auction house for just an hour, then continue relisting them until they sell. If I'm going to be away from the computer for a while (like overnight or for a weekend), then I'll dump them in the trading post, and start over with the auction house the next day. Most of the time I can get things to sell in a day using the one hour auction post strategy.

And like most people said above - I always undercut by at least 100k np. People just aren't buying things as much anymore. I've definitely had a really hard time unloading morphing potions. Really, I've had a hard time with anything but stamps lately lol

GL selling!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10d 13h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Trading chat is not as paranoiac as the pound chat, don't let that scare you, lots of people there are cheaters or don't care about cheating while they obtain what they want