Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Sleep Paralysis

Does anyone experience sleep paralysis?

I'm laying there, wide awake in my bed. I can see my surroundings, but I can't move. Then after what feels like forever, I start to hear things, and feel like I'm being watched. I try to shake myself awake, and when I think I'm successful, I end up falling back to that same state again. No matter how many time I try to wake myself up, I end up being in the same position again. I can even feel like the "thing" that's watching me is coming closer each time I try to wake myself up. It's scary, and after many attempts I finally wake up. I actually have to get out of my bed and walk around for a bit, to make sure I don't fall back into the sleep paralysis again. I notice this only happens when I'm laying on my back, or if I'm really tired or something.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    I've never gotten it and I hope I never do. I've read some scary-sounding stories of people who do get sleep paralysis and I'm not about that lol
    I remember when I first read about it, I laid awake in my bed for hours cause I was too scared I was going to get it to go to bed lmfao
    i love luna

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 44m
    I used to have this shit often when I was in college, eventually I learned that you can still wiggle your toes for some reason, and by doing so you slowly regain control of your body. It sucks still, that feeling of paranoia, that weird buzzing sound inside your head, the feeling of being pulled into something that you can't quite tell what is but you know it's bad so you fight to remain half-awake and the hallucinations, they're horrible.
    I remember seeing something in my room once, it was a black humanoid figure with glowing white eyes, just sitting on my bed looking straight at me, and I also remember feeling the bed "sinking" under the thing's weight. It's crazy!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    I used to have this shit often when I was in college, eventually I learned that you can still wiggle your toes for some reason, and by doing so you slowly regain control of your body. It sucks still, that feeling of paranoia, that weird buzzing sound inside your head, the feeling of being pulled into something that you can't quite tell what is but you know it's bad so you fight to remain half-awake and the hallucinations, they're horrible.
    I remember seeing something in my room once, it was a black humanoid figure with glowing white eyes, just sitting on my bed looking straight at me, and I also remember feeling the bed "sinking" under the thing's weight. It's crazy!
    I tried wiggling my toes too, but I still end up panicking when it doesn't work. I used to have it quite often, and my grandma use to scare the crap out of me saying I'm being haunted by a ghost. Now that I think about it, she was trolling me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    I've never gotten it and I hope I never do. I've read some scary-sounding stories of people who do get sleep paralysis and I'm not about that lol
    I remember when I first read about it, I laid awake in my bed for hours cause I was too scared I was going to get it to go to bed lmfao
    You're lucky. Sometimes I'm afraid to go to sleep. I need help. XD

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    I've never experienced but it sounds very scary indeed, the most weird experience I had was sleep walking when I was like 10 to 13

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 44m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    I've never experienced but it sounds very scary indeed, the most weird experience I had was sleep walking when I was like 10 to 13
    Where did you walk to?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    Where did you walk to?
    It happened many times, sometimes I just walked from my room to the hallway and stood there, the only funny thing I did that told me my mother is, walking to my piggy bank, grab the coins and then went back to bed lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Cybun (12-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I have heard about it but thankfully have not experienced it. I know it sounds very scaryyyyyyyy Consult a doctor.
    Try reading this I hope it helps.
    (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    I've never experienced it, the only bizarre thing related to sleep that happened to me were lucid dreams. I have controled dreams and nightmares and it was amazing.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevitriol View Post
    I have heard about it but thankfully have not experienced it. I know it sounds very scaryyyyyyyy Consult a doctor.
    Try reading this I hope it helps.
    (you need an account to see links)
    Haven't experienced any lately, thank goodness. I try to not tire myself out too much, other wise I would get them for sure.