Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Sleep Paralysis

  1. #1

    Snorlax's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2013
    Posts
    89
    Userbars
    2
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    7/7
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

    Sleep Paralysis

    Does anyone experience sleep paralysis?

    I'm laying there, wide awake in my bed. I can see my surroundings, but I can't move. Then after what feels like forever, I start to hear things, and feel like I'm being watched. I try to shake myself awake, and when I think I'm successful, I end up falling back to that same state again. No matter how many time I try to wake myself up, I end up being in the same position again. I can even feel like the "thing" that's watching me is coming closer each time I try to wake myself up. It's scary, and after many attempts I finally wake up. I actually have to get out of my bed and walk around for a bit, to make sure I don't fall back into the sleep paralysis again. I notice this only happens when I'm laying on my back, or if I'm really tired or something.



  2. #2
    Aura's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,994
    Userbars
    22
    Thanks
    4,548
    Thanked
    4,754/2,050
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 13m
    I've never gotten it and I hope I never do. I've read some scary-sounding stories of people who do get sleep paralysis and I'm not about that lol
    I remember when I first read about it, I laid awake in my bed for hours cause I was too scared I was going to get it to go to bed lmfao
    i love luna

  3. #3

    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,512
    Userbars
    16
    Thanks
    1,151
    Thanked
    3,776/981
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 3m
    I used to have this shit often when I was in college, eventually I learned that you can still wiggle your toes for some reason, and by doing so you slowly regain control of your body. It sucks still, that feeling of paranoia, that weird buzzing sound inside your head, the feeling of being pulled into something that you can't quite tell what is but you know it's bad so you fight to remain half-awake and the hallucinations, they're horrible.
    I remember seeing something in my room once, it was a black humanoid figure with glowing white eyes, just sitting on my bed looking straight at me, and I also remember feeling the bed "sinking" under the thing's weight. It's crazy!

  4. #4

    Snorlax's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2013
    Posts
    89
    Userbars
    2
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    7/7
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    I used to have this shit often when I was in college, eventually I learned that you can still wiggle your toes for some reason, and by doing so you slowly regain control of your body. It sucks still, that feeling of paranoia, that weird buzzing sound inside your head, the feeling of being pulled into something that you can't quite tell what is but you know it's bad so you fight to remain half-awake and the hallucinations, they're horrible.
    I remember seeing something in my room once, it was a black humanoid figure with glowing white eyes, just sitting on my bed looking straight at me, and I also remember feeling the bed "sinking" under the thing's weight. It's crazy!
    I tried wiggling my toes too, but I still end up panicking when it doesn't work. I used to have it quite often, and my grandma use to scare the crap out of me saying I'm being haunted by a ghost. Now that I think about it, she was trolling me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    I've never gotten it and I hope I never do. I've read some scary-sounding stories of people who do get sleep paralysis and I'm not about that lol
    I remember when I first read about it, I laid awake in my bed for hours cause I was too scared I was going to get it to go to bed lmfao
    You're lucky. Sometimes I'm afraid to go to sleep. I need help. XD



  5. #5

    Joined
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,274
    Userbars
    21
    Thanks
    2,475
    Thanked
    3,913/1,638
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    I've never experienced but it sounds very scary indeed, the most weird experience I had was sleep walking when I was like 10 to 13

  6. #6

    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,512
    Userbars
    16
    Thanks
    1,151
    Thanked
    3,776/981
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    I've never experienced but it sounds very scary indeed, the most weird experience I had was sleep walking when I was like 10 to 13
    Where did you walk to?

  7. #7

    Joined
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,274
    Userbars
    21
    Thanks
    2,475
    Thanked
    3,913/1,638
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    Where did you walk to?
    It happened many times, sometimes I just walked from my room to the hallway and stood there, the only funny thing I did that told me my mother is, walking to my piggy bank, grab the coins and then went back to bed lol

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

    Cybun (12-11-2016)

  9. #8


    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    320
    Userbars
    4
    Thanks
    345
    Thanked
    134/97
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 15h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I have heard about it but thankfully have not experienced it. I know it sounds very scaryyyyyyyy Consult a doctor.
    Try reading this I hope it helps.
    (you need an account to see links)

  10. #9
    Menine's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,350
    Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    60
    Thanks
    6,146
    Thanked
    8,697/1,671
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    220d 12h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 18m
    I've never experienced it, the only bizarre thing related to sleep that happened to me were lucid dreams. I have controled dreams and nightmares and it was amazing.

  11. #10

    Snorlax's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2013
    Posts
    89
    Userbars
    2
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    7/7
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevitriol View Post
    I have heard about it but thankfully have not experienced it. I know it sounds very scaryyyyyyyy Consult a doctor.
    Try reading this I hope it helps.
    (you need an account to see links)
    Haven't experienced any lately, thank goodness. I try to not tire myself out too much, other wise I would get them for sure.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •