4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

What's your occupation?

I'm just curious as to what other people have as an occupation. If you don't have one at the moment, what it is you are currently doing will do.
    I was recently made redundant from my engineering job so am currently in between jobs. Going to be looking for graduate roles hopefully starting soon.

Thanks

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    I'm on summer holidays as of yesterday, but I'm a high-school English and Drama teacher. I find it incredibly gratifying to help young people find knowledge and passion through culture, even if it's as little as realising that Big Brother was not originally just a terrible reality TV concept.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    I'm on summer holidays as of yesterday, but I'm a high-school English and Drama teacher. I find it incredibly gratifying to help young people find knowledge and passion through culture, even if it's as little as realising that Big Brother was not originally just a terrible reality TV concept.
    I don't think I would make a very good teacher as I am not the best at imparting knowledge in an easy way so that others can understand and learn. How long have you been teaching for, and have you noticed a change in how students behave? As back when I was going through school phone technology and use was not as prevalent as it is today.

Edit: If you're saying Big Brother used to be good originally I agree. The rebooted series hasn't been up to the same level yet though.
    Last edited by Bazza; 12-10-2016 at 08:06 AM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    I don't think I would make a very good teacher as I am not the best at imparting knowledge in an easy way so that others can understand and learn. How long have you been teaching for, and have you noticed a change in how students behave? As back when I was going through school phone technology and use was not as prevalent as it is today.
    I can relate to that difficulty; I work best with senior students, as it means I have to dumb myself down less. Next year I'm on year 7 and 8 English and it feels like I'm a bloody Play School presenter. Thankfully I will have year 11s to try and balance things out a little, albeit a very C-level cohort coming through.

2017 will be my 7th year teaching, and 6th at my current school. Phones have been the norm during my career span, but it's starkly different from when I was in school myself. I didn't even get my first phone until year 12 (I don't think kids today would even know of a Nokia); between phones and the increased use of social media, bullying has become far more invasive. MSN opened that door, for sure, but being able to access someone 24/7 thanks to internet on phones has created a plethora of new issues. As much as one might expect this generation to embrace the fact that they're digital natives, most of them are shockingly ignorant about how to protect themselves and their digital reputations. Then again, I always have to give tutorials on how to do simple tasks like attaching a draft to an email at the start of every year, so the bar doesn't really get set too high for most of them in terms of technological savvy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I'm studying Science (Pre-Engineering) subjects and going to become an Engineer soon. At least, I hope so

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    563d 23h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Software Developer
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    9d 12h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    im studying a degree in violin performance! and im gonna become a conductor for youth orchestras (i hope)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    563d 23h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by fae View Post
    im studying a degree in violin performance! and im gonna become a conductor for youth orchestras (i hope)
    Will we get free tix to ur shows
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    I'm studying law. If I get approved, next year I will become a lawyer.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,160 times
    Time Online
    555d 11h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I'm kind of a professional patient right now, which I still haven't fully accepted is a legit thing to be doing. I'm getting through to the other side and I'm gonna start volunteering soon. Then in the next few months I gotta decide if I want to start applying to jobs again or go the grad school route. For what it's worth, I studied to go into software development,.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB