Thread: Anyone have ideas on what best way to prevent cheating on neopets? (ABing, MULTIs, NP/item transfer

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Anyone have ideas on what best way to prevent cheating on neopets? (ABing, MULTIs, NP/item transfer

Anyone have some ideas? The biggest issue in my opinion would be people transferring botted items or NP from the multi to the main account. I would be interested in hearing some ideas you guys come up with.

My best idea so far would be to create a database for all item valuations in the game. Then monitor ALL trades above perhaps 500k in value and see if the value is close to equal for both sides of the trade (transferring items between accounts would no longer be possible). You could also monitor all items sold in a shop that are above 200k. If an item is sold for less than 99k than it could most likely be a transfer. If someone wanted to transfer items or neopoints to another account it would take that person like 200 shop/trade transfers to do it, then you can spot that out easily too.

What do you all think? I don't think it's possible to monitor every trade done in the game, but over a certain value I'm sure there is a drop-off point in percentage of trades above maybe 500k-1m in value. Those could be monitored.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsPeteBrah View Post
    Anyone have some ideas? The biggest issue in my opinion would be people transferring botted items or NP from the multi to the main account. I would be interested in hearing some ideas you guys come up with.

My best idea so far would be to create a database for all item valuations in the game. Then monitor ALL trades above perhaps 500k in value and see if the value is close to equal for both sides of the trade (transferring items between accounts would no longer be possible). You could also monitor all items sold in a shop that are above 200k. If an item is sold for less than 99k than it could most likely be a transfer. If someone wanted to transfer items or neopoints to another account it would take that person like 200 shop/trade transfers to do it, then you can spot that out easily too.

What do you all think? I don't think it's possible to monitor every trade done in the game, but over a certain value I'm sure there is a drop-off point in percentage of trades above maybe 500k-1m in value. Those could be monitored.
    Why do we want to come up with ideas to prevent cheating on this particular forum?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

Ellie_Baby (12-06-2016),Sakuras (12-07-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Are you sure this is the right forum to be asking this question?

When it comes to them preventing cheating they're already making adequate effort. We're just smarter.

They've added things to prevent people from scanning userlookups.
    Changed the log in system so that we can't just mass enter accounts.
    They have constantly changing review scores for games that make it hard to AoB and SS safely.
    They have auto flag review amounts set in place for trade offers, auction bid amounts, items sent into an account (quantity), and plenty of places on the site that will log IP's on an account.

TNT's biggest issue with catching cheaters, is just that we're smarter.
    The small fish that never expanded outside of Neo to cheating forums are getting caught because they aren't as knowledgeable as we are.

That being said. TNT is already doing a solid effort in catching cheaters.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    lol definitely not the right place to be asking this.
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    BRUH THIS IS A CHEATING FORUM.
    Are you lost?

(you need an account to see links)

[6:54:36 PM] ♕ pepperoni secret ♕: calista what the actual fuck have u been doing for the past 3 days with zootopia
    [6:54:44 PM] Kitten: and you really fucked urslf over by watchig that movie huh
    [6:57:19 PM] Jess: you fucking furry

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Felice For This Useful Post:

Ellie_Baby (12-06-2016),Sakuras (12-07-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Felice View Post
    BRUH THIS IS A CHEATING FORUM.
    Are you lost?
    I think he drank the kool-aid

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

Felice (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsPeteBrah View Post

That takes the fun out of the game if you can just trade/sell an item for it's predetermined price, no price fluctuation.
    No giftting and no giveaways? People unknowingly pricing an item wrong or mistyping?

You'll probably end up with a lot of false positives, cheaters slipping by off pure luck and legit players getting banned instead.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Closing for obvious reasons, lol.
    If you don't support cheating, OP, you're definitely in the wrong place.
    Edit: I've been informed you may have been trying to gather data for your own game. If that is the case, try making a thread in spam and asking for tips specifically relating to your game instead. People may be more likely to try and help you then.
    Last edited by Aura; 12-06-2016 at 02:22 PM.
    i love luna

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (12-06-2016),Ellie_Baby (12-06-2016),Felice (12-06-2016),Mama Bear (12-07-2016),Sakuras (12-07-2016),Stocking Anarchy (12-06-2016)