Thread: New to trading Neopets - how to safely trade NP for a converted pet?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Time Online
    21 d 13 h 22 m
    Avg. Time Online
    17 m

New to trading Neopets - how to safely trade NP for a converted pet?

I want to trade NP for a robot krawk (I'm tired of dealing with unreasonable people in the PC), and if that goes well I might consider trading NP for a UC.

I understand that purchasing a pet with real money would be safer but I'm afraid of getting scammed or having info stolen. How does one go about trading NP for a pet without making it obvious? I'm assuming the pets/NP are exchanged by middlemen and maybe the pet is put into a shell for a while so it doesn't look suspicious?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,629 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Time Online
    158 d 26 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 14 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Greco951 View Post
    I want to trade NP for a robot krawk (I'm tired of dealing with unreasonable people in the PC), and if that goes well I might consider trading NP for a UC.

I understand that purchasing a pet with real money would be safer but I'm afraid of getting scammed or having info stolen. How does one go about trading NP for a pet without making it obvious? I'm assuming the pets/NP are exchanged by middlemen and maybe the pet is put into a shell for a while so it doesn't look suspicious?

Well, there are many ways to do it but what it's safer in general is to get the pet in a different account (different IP much better too) than the account from where you're sending the Neopoints, so you don't get a pet immediatly after sending away a large amount of Neopoints out. Since it's a robot krawk probably the amount of NPs needed won't be too large so there shouldn't be any problems as long as the pet is not stolen from an active acc.

You can always use a middlemen to make the trade safer of course

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Time Online
    21 d 13 h 22 m
    Avg. Time Online
    17 m
    Thanks for the reply - that helps to clear things up for me.