5/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    35d 8h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m

! Buying my first UC, just some questions

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, i'm new here.

I'm currently in the process of buying my first UC. I just want to hear others experiences and inputs on a few things along with a few questions. Sorry if these are confusing, it's kind of hard explaining.

1. When I have the UC transferred to me, is it better I put it on a completely delinked side (no same email or location), a side that is linked to my main by the email but is no longer listed on my profile (was removed recently to make way for the sale) or my main account that I ultimately want the pet to end up on (and they will end up here)?

2. If I were to put the UC on a different account than my main, how long should I typically wait before I place the pet on my main?

3. Should I request a middle man and if so, how would they part take in the exchange?

4. Do I need to worry about a cache still? If so how do I find it?

5. If I was recently active in the PC within the last year or so (that's all the info i'm giving), would it be wise to place the UC on an entirely delinked account to my main? I do not plan to go back to the PC or any of the boards. If I ever were to, how long should I wait until I place the pet as my active, or should I never?

6. If nothing is coming up when I search the UC, is that a good or bad sign?

Thank you in advance for your help , also forgot to add that this pet is going to be a permie and will not be retraded so i have no concerns about making it "pc safe" unless I were to just browse the boards..

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    @(you need an account to see links)

If you were active on the PC in the last year, then is safer for you to put the UC in a side first and after a while, moving it to your known main. Have a story for that in case any nosy PCer decides to lurk on you or remembers you and wants to chat. If you trade with another user who you don't trust fully (aka, doesn't have many trades done or is new here) is of course safer to ask for a MM. The MM would take the UC and then send it to you after you paid to the seller for the pet.

Cache doesn't work in Neopets anymore, so it's not important to cache pets or accounts anymore. If the pet doesn't appear anywhere when google searching, then it's a good sign, means most likely previous owners never made petpages, art, submited to contest or did anything actively with them, which is safer for you.

Hope that helps, if you have more questions let me know!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    1. I'd suggest a delinked side if your main is active anywhere on the boards.

2. 3+ months if you want to play it safe, and if your main is active anywhere on the boards.

3. Always. Different escrows will have different ways of getting involved, so discuss when selecting who to use.

4. No, caches aren't a thing anymore.

5. If you don't plan on going back, wait around 3 months.

6. Depends on where you're searching it. Caches aren't a thing anymore.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    35d 8h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    @(you need an account to see links) thanks for the tips! My seller did agree to send first which is nice so I am not too concerned in that regard and I do already know of the pet and am certain that they are safe with me since we friended on neo. My main concern is that I have 3-10 extremely active PC friends I friended recently that can be nosy but I don't want to be mean and remove them which would raise suspicion since they gifted me stuff. Should I also take more time since i've never had a UC before or anything that can trade up to one?
    @(you need an account to see links) thank you for your tips also! And by delinked you mean not of the same email correct? Should the delinked side be listed as the same area as my main or completely different? And obviously no same name right? I know already to make it not look like a shell which might take some time...don't know of anyone who sells semi mains for cheap

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by gymnasticsgirl View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) thanks for the tips! My seller did agree to send first which is nice so I am not too concerned in that regard and I do already know of the pet and am certain that they are safe with me since we friended on neo. My main concern is that I have 3-10 extremely active PC friends I friended recently that can be nosy but I don't want to be mean and remove them which would raise suspicion since they gifted me stuff. Should I also take more time since i've never had a UC before or anything that can trade up to one?
    @(you need an account to see links) thank you for your tips also! And by delinked you mean not of the same email correct? Should the delinked side be listed as the same area as my main or completely different? And obviously no same name right? I know already to make it not look like a shell which might take some time...don't know of anyone who sells semi mains for cheap

No problem, and indeed, if you have close friends that are PCers and that might check on you from once in a while, is safer that you first get the UC in another account different than your main and think of the story you'll tell about how you got in. In case you don't have any pet that could trade up to that, saying you adopted it from a friend would be the safer bet. Maybe saying a friend let you play with the pet for a while and lend it to you, and then months later, say that friend decided to let you keep the pet since they don't play that much anymore, for example or something like that.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    35d 8h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    No problem, and indeed, if you have close friends that are PCers and that might check on you from once in a while, is safer that you first get the UC in another account different than your main and think of the story you'll tell about how you got in. In case you don't have any pet that could trade up to that, saying you adopted it from a friend would be the safer bet. Maybe saying a friend let you play with the pet for a while and lend it to you, and then months later, say that friend decided to let you keep the pet since they don't play that much anymore, for example or something like that.
    I think if anything they will congratulate me because the one is always very excited whenever people get their dream pets. I would share the story we have planned but it would possibly give away my user. We are going along the lines of a friend/family etc approach though, no fake adoption or anything. So I should get the pet in the unattached side and move to my main in a few months? Maybe longer?

I was going to put it on my oldest side that has some progress on it since it used to be my main, it was linked on my profile for a week or so before, but I removed it to prepare for the sale..maybe we should think of a new approach and just put it there? Sorry if it's confusing!
    Last edited by rina; 11-28-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by gymnasticsgirl View Post
    I think if anything they will congratulate me because the one is always very excited whenever people get their dream pets. I would share the story we have planned but it would possibly give away my user. We are going along the lines of a friend/family etc approach though, no fake adoption or anything. So I should get the pet in the unattached side and move to my main in a few months? Maybe longer?

I was going to put it on my oldest side that has some progress on it since it used to be my main, it was linked on my profile for a week or so before, but I removed it to prepare for the sale..maybe we should think of a new approach and just put it there? Sorry if it's confusing!
    I always recommend putting bought pets in other accounts and securing them first before moving them to your actual accounts. I don't know if the pet you're buying comes from an inactive account or if it's active, but tends to be safer to give in a couple months in a shell to see how it reacts to being moved. And that kind of story should work

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    35d 8h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    I always recommend putting bought pets in other accounts and securing them first before moving them to your actual accounts. I don't know if the pet you're buying comes from an inactive account or if it's active, but tends to be safer to give in a couple months in a shell to see how it reacts to being moved. And that kind of story should work
    The user was active before and the pet has seen the PC but they went inactive as a precaution before selling (not sure for how long though, I should ask), their pets appear to be fed though. I don't have any free shells/semi mains around so i'll have to get one then.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    52d 20h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I'll just like to provide some extra info here in case it will be helpful since I am the one she is considering buying the UC from. Putting the relevant info in a spoiler: