Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ❄ || What's on your Christmas list this year?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    Please remember that posts in the General Discussion thread are not to be SPAM.

I bought myself a Steam controller, since they're finally available in Australia. I also splashed out to preorder the giant Snorlax pillow for Eevee. @(you need an account to see links), that Clyde Frog would be amazing. I hadn't seen it before. $120USD is crazy expensive though.
    Do you know if there are any notable differences between a Xbox controller and a Steam controller when playing games on Steam? My boyfriend spends a lot of time playing games on Steam and I was wondering if the Stream controller would suit him better than his Xbox 360 controller! I'm somehow struggling coming up with presents ideas for him this Christmas.

And that giant Snorlax pillow is suuuuuch a good idea! Little Eevee will look adorable on it. <3
    I'm always tempted to buy one when I see pictures on Internet, but there's no way it would fit in my room.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath View Post
    Do you know if there are any notable differences between a Xbox controller and a Steam controller when playing games on Steam? My boyfriend spends a lot of time playing games on Steam and I was wondering if the Stream controller would suit him better than his Xbox 360 controller! I'm somehow struggling coming up with presents ideas for him this Christmas.

And that giant Snorlax pillow is suuuuuch a good idea! Little Eevee will look adorable on it. <3
    I'm always tempted to buy one when I see pictures on Internet, but there's no way it would fit in my room.
    I haven't used an Xbox controller, but I like the idea of the Steam one having pre-optimised settings for the games. I read a bunch of reviews that led me to believe it would be worth it; that said, we've only ordered one to start with, and will pick up a second if we're happy with it. I can let you know how it goes, if you'd like.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Cath (11-24-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Please remember that posts in the General Discussion thread are not to be SPAM.

I bought myself a Steam controller, since they're finally available in Australia. I also splashed out to preorder the giant Snorlax pillow for Eevee. @(you need an account to see links), that Clyde Frog would be amazing. I hadn't seen it before. $120USD is crazy expensive though.
    I live in America so it was only $75 for me. I thought it was pretty steep as well but then I found an unboxing video on Reddit's South Park subreddit and it convinced me it was worth it. =p And there's also a pin of Randy with giant balls that he uses as a bouncy ball, a token commemorating the 20th season, a poster of "20 seasons of Cartman", stickers, a vinyl of Butters as Professor Chaos, and then a cake pop pan that is Chef themed. And safe space policially correct crime scene tape, courtesy of PC Principal I guess.

(you need an account to see links)

Ooo, Snorlax pillow! I can haz link to awesomeness?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to unknowable For This Useful Post:

Cath (11-24-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    I haven't used an Xbox controller, but I like the idea of the Steam one having pre-optimised settings for the games. I read a bunch of reviews that led me to believe it would be worth it; that said, we've only ordered one to start with, and will pick up a second if we're happy with it. I can let you know how it goes, if you'd like.
    I would definitely love if you could keep me updated about how pleased you are with the Steam controller!

I might also just buy him a Steam game from his wishlist instead as I am not sure if he's using his Xbox controller because that's what he prefers or if it's only because he already had one on hand.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cath For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (11-24-2016)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by unknowable View Post
    I live in America so it was only $75 for me. I thought it was pretty steep as well but then I found an unboxing video on Reddit's South Park subreddit and it convinced me it was worth it. =p And there's also a pin of Randy with giant balls that he uses as a bouncy ball, a token commemorating the 20th season, a poster of "20 seasons of Cartman", stickers, a vinyl of Butters as Professor Chaos, and then a cake pop pan that is Chef themed. And safe space policially correct crime scene tape, courtesy of PC Principal I guess.

Ooo, Snorlax pillow! I can haz link to awesomeness?

Yeah, I had a look at the unboxing too, after seeing your post. There is some cool stuff, but I couldn't justify the overseas price.

(you need an account to see links) is a link that has some specs about the Snorlax pillow. It set us back ~$250AUD, which isn't so bad when you consider I first looked at it when it was available in Japan only and was going to cost ~$700AUD (including shipping).

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    26d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    pokemon moon *u*
    signed copies of my favorite books from my favorite author to complete my set, a nice china set, zelda collectibles, and zelda games i don't have already.

i'm already buying gifts too ahh
    i bought me and my best friend those wario/waluigi "WAH" shirts hehe
    getting his mom a nice jewelry set and maybe a china set as well
    his brother this vintage stuffed animal
    not sure about his other brother
    and thinking about getting his dad a james bond movie set
    and idk about my mom yet

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    555d 20h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Since I replied to this thread I've thought of a bunch of things I want and I feel so greedy/like a little kid, oops.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I asked for some Rick and Morty shirts that are appropriate for work and some action figures from Batman: Arkham Knight.

I really don't want anything besides some new speakers for my car but I can't ask my family for that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I would love a Sephora or Ulta GC and one to Starbucks also. I also want Pokemon Moon but I'll probably buy that myself.

I usually give more than I get though. My number 1 priority is to make sure my kids get a good Christmas.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    17h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I really want a guitar this year, so for Small Business Saturday today, I went to a local guitar shop and picked one out that I want. I've been wanting to learn to play for a long time, but I haven't had the money to invest in a decent guitar. I'm really excited!