a bit over a year ago i bought a pretty substantial subeta account here with the intention of slowly clearing it and trickling items to my primary account. used a proxy close to the original owner, continents away from where i live, etc. etc.

came back 2 days ago on the proxy i've always used for it to find it's been frozen. was a shock as i had no idea they actually let you into a frozen account and you can still see the sidebar and all your shop profits and stuff.

if it's 12 months for an account to clear after its been frozen, then it was frozen in august. what i'm confused about is that it was frozen for "multiple accounts" yet my primary remains untouched. i do have gold there so perhaps they don't want to lose a paying customer by freezing it?? perhaps the original owner was somehow able to access the account and did it on the same IP as their current account??

is it worth trying to file a ticket from the frozen account (assuming you can file a ticket from inside it), and if so how should i go about it? the person who sold it to me has been inactive here for some time; i sent them a message but have yet to receive a response. i'm guessing i would need the email address to the account etc. as well, which sucks big time as it's still the original owner's. i'm a big idiot, i know.

just can't quite fathom the thought of losing 500mil+ sP that's sitting in the shop profits ;A;