DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    OMG, THE PARDONED TURKEYS NAMES ARE SOOOOOO CUTE!

Tater and his brother Tot.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    i sorta wish we had thanksgiving here in south america. but i also don't because of the history behind thanksgiving. the food looks soooo damn good though..............

I don't eat, I don't sleep, I do nothing but think of you

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    @(you need an account to see links) I have an uncle who used to do meth and made his own fireworks resulting in him blowing off all of his hair (never regrew back), I have another uncle who is a recovering alcoholic and the last uncle is a truck driver who has been everywhere, seen everything, fought everyone and if anyone says something he doesn't agree with he raises his cowboy hat up, tips his glasses down and says, "Excuse me?"

Somehow my mother is relatively normal so she's gonna make the food, which now has to be gluten-free (why bother right?) because my sister has celiac disease. And I'm probably gonna chill over there, stuff myself until I want to die, wait an hour, do it again, complain about shitty gluten free food, fall asleep, do it yet again, eat pie and go the fuck home.

I really hope as few uncles as possible show up.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Byte For This Useful Post:

kittyray (11-24-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    40d 14h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    My girlfriend and I are hosting Thanksgiving for our families for the first time this year. We bought a house this year and have the most room by far. Excited to be in charge of the turkey-bought a 33 pound monster and am making a bourbon and chili glaze for it. Cooking for 18 people is a lot more intimidating than I had previously thought- groceries alone were about $400.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation343 View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I have an uncle who used to do meth and made his own fireworks resulting in him blowing off all of his hair (never regrew back), I have another uncle who is a recovering alcoholic and the last uncle is a truck driver who has been everywhere, seen everything, fought everyone and if anyone says something he doesn't agree with he raises his cowboy hat up, tips his glasses down and says, "Excuse me?"

Somehow my mother is relatively normal so she's gonna make the food, which now has to be gluten-free (why bother right?) because my sister has celiac disease. And I'm probably gonna chill over there, stuff myself until I want to die, wait an hour, do it again, complain about shitty gluten free food, fall asleep, do it yet again, eat pie and go the fuck home.

I really hope as few uncles as possible show up.

I'm imagining your trucker uncle being somewhat like this:

(you need an account to see links)

lololol. Have you guys ever had a fist fight during turkey time?

Bro, you need to do like I do and get a Cracker Barrel to go order. My family eats gluten free as well and fuck that shit!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I'll take a to-go order. I'm so sick of gluten free shit at family get togethers. It wasn't bad at first, but then they started doing everything gluten free. Gluten free green bean casserole tastes like shit in comparison to the normal.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    My mom just threw a tantrum because when I came home from CB I had a huge box(they have a standard box that fits the usual "Thanksgiving Feast") and she thought I had that much food when I only ordered a few containers that held mashed potatoes, green beans, slaw, mac n cheese. It was all about the size of a standard doggy bag from a restaurant meal. She threw a 10 minute tantrum, in which she insulted my vegetarianism, saying I should just "eat normal" like the rest of the family. She had the audacity to ask me "why" I was a vegetarian and if it was about animals or "something". When she knows I've been an animal welfare advocate for eight years, donated hours of my time to the cause.

She stopped ranting about vegetarianism and shit when she saw I folded down the huge cardboard box, put it in recycling, and put the non-perishables in my room. Which left the few containers to be refrigerated. I can hear her in the kitchen putting back all the shit she took out to "make room" for my doggy bag of food.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to unknowable For This Useful Post:

Felice (11-24-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    Happy Thanksgiving to all my American palz
    i love luna

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 12h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    I'm sorry your mother is like that. When I wasn't eating any meat my mom treated it like I was trying to be a rebellious teenager on Thanksgiving. It's shitty.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB