30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aska View Post
    For most people I know, it has gone up to where they can no longer afford health insurance.

There's also a tax that people pay if they do not have it. It's $697 this year, and for a lot of people, it's still cheaper to pay the tax than to have insurance.
    That's so true. Im waiting to see what sorts of benefits I'll get from my new job and then looking at the penalty for not having insurance. It's sad, but it's probably much much cheaper to pay the fine and continue living a healthy life. The way the act is set up right now, they need young and/or healthy people to sign up and pay for insurance they likely won't need too badly, in order to help cover costs for those whose medical expenses are higher. It's a broken system

Quote Originally Posted by CloudAcara View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) You don't know a lot about it but you know it's crap and needs to be fixed? o.o Ooookay.

Also - (you need an account to see links) lmao
    The he parts he wants to keep are good parts though. Being able to be insured while having a pre-existing condition is a definite plus. Being able to stay on your family insurance longer will definitely help a lot of people as well. The parts that need to be changed are the whole "affordable" bits. Right now it's nowhere near affordable. I know the rates my family was paying jumped about 40% last year and are expected to jump another 30-40% this year too. The deductible is through the roof too. It's insane. If we made it so that insurance companies could cross state lines, that would open up competition and drive prices back down because people would have OPTIONS which they really don't have right now.

Lets not get so caught up in the fact that he said he liked certain parts of the act and focus instead on how he is actually trying to make it better.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Why not look at other Countries to make it better. The US is the incredible minority in that type of system for their Healthcare. I'm sure it would help to look at the way other Countries successfully use the system and pick and choose pieces for their own. I have never heard of someone being denied here for pre-existing which in itself is a ridiculous notion. No huge fines either or massive monthly payments. What he should do is look at all the Countries that do well with it and model after those instead of making another failed attempt.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Felice (11-12-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    The issues get compounded when 40% of Anericans aren't even in the labor force and immigration is wildly out of hand. I feel like it's only a matter of time before there are more people getting assistance than there are people paying into that assistance. The employer based insurance would work well if people had jobs through which to get insurance. Many jobs have disappeared though, leaving people without the option of going down that avenue. I've heard mixed reviews on systems like Canada has in place so I can't really comment on that. I do think that competition amongst insurance companies Id a very healthy idea. Gonna have to see how it plays out

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    If trump does what he plans jobs in my state will plummet.

(you need an account to see links)

[6:54:36 PM] ♕ pepperoni secret ♕: calista what the actual fuck have u been doing for the past 3 days with zootopia
    [6:54:44 PM] Kitten: and you really fucked urslf over by watchig that movie huh
    [6:57:19 PM] Jess: you fucking furry

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Felice View Post
    If trump does what he plans jobs in my state will plummet.
    How so? Just curious

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    How so? Just curious
    I live in Texas and if trump does plan on """"building a wall"""" and """making mexico pay for it""" a lot of the factory and export jobs we have here will be lost due to loss of trade deals the US has with other countries.

(you need an account to see links)

[6:54:36 PM] ♕ pepperoni secret ♕: calista what the actual fuck have u been doing for the past 3 days with zootopia
    [6:54:44 PM] Kitten: and you really fucked urslf over by watchig that movie huh
    [6:57:19 PM] Jess: you fucking furry