DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    MAKE AMERICA GREAT (for oil company executives, not actual people)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybun View Post
    Fixing that Obamacare crap is a must
    Can you explain to me what obamacare was supposed to be? Like, in super easy words.
    Thanks.

Enviado desde mi S3 mediante Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviid View Post
    Can you explain to me what obamacare was supposed to be? Like, in super easy words.
    Thanks.

It's official name is Affordable Care Act. Unlike nearly every other established first world country, America doesn't have universal healthcare. And so we have a for-profit insurance industry that acts in its best interest and not in the best interest of the people. ACA regulates the insurance industry and makes a lot of shitty things that insurance companies used to do illegal. Like kicking sick people off their insurance coverage(including sick kids with cancer, that happened), denying people with pre-existing conditions coverage, and in general fucking with people. Not only does it regulate the industry, it also creates a "marketplace" where all the insurance companies can sell their goods to make it price competitive. Because of "Obamacare" more Americans have healthcare and it's less expensive for the government and the average American. My health insurance was $650 a month before ACA, and now it's $150.
    Last edited by unknowable; 11-10-2016 at 04:42 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unknowable For This Useful Post:

Daviid (11-10-2016),Raposa (11-11-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviid View Post
    Thanks.

I don't know a ~lot of it myself but I was told it's basically a mandatory (paid) health care

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cybun For This Useful Post:

Daviid (11-10-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by unknowable View Post
    It's official name is Affordable Care Act. Unlike nearly every other established first world country, America doesn't have universal healthcare. And so we have a for-profit insurance industry that acts in its best interest and not in the best interest of the people. ACA regulates the insurance industry and makes a lot of shitty things that insurance companies used to do illegal. Like kicking sick people off their insurance coverage(including sick kids with cancer, that happened), denying people with pre-existing conditions coverage, and in general fucking with people. Not only does it regulate the industry, it also creates a "marketplace" where all the insurance companies can sell their goods to make it price competitive. Because of "Obamacare" more Americans have healthcare and it's less expensive for the government and the average American. My health insurance was $650 a month before ACA, and now it's $150.
    For most people I know, it has gone up to where they can no longer afford health insurance.

There's also a tax that people pay if they do not have it. It's $697 this year, and for a lot of people, it's still cheaper to pay the tax than to have insurance.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

Daviid (11-10-2016),Raposa (11-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    64d 22h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    @(you need an account to see links) You don't know a lot about it but you know it's crap and needs to be fixed? o.o Ooookay.

Also - (you need an account to see links) lmao

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    68d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I am going to be glad to see "Obamacare" go, if it does. I appreciate the idea behind it but it got so convoluted along the way. Making people who are already too poor to afford healthcare (even the "cheap" government plans) pay hundreds of dollars in fines is ridiculous. Unless you're willing to pop out a kid (that's just going to cost the government more money) you won't be getting Medicare as a student in my state.

I'm lucky enough to have a good job and decent healthcare that only costs me $50 a month (my company subsidizes the rest) but it's just not the case for a large portion of people.

The older I get the more of a Libertarian I become, lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ent For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (11-12-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudAcara View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) You don't know a lot about it but you know it's crap and needs to be fixed? o.o Ooookay.

Also - (you need an account to see links) lmao
    Seeing as the only people not to complain are those getting it for free or for extremely cheap, then yes, I think it is crap.
    Was I incorrect to say it's mandatory healthcare? If so please do correct me, because when I asked about it they said exactly so.
    If it is mandatory then well, it is a square root of crap, no one should be forced to pay for what they don't want. And if Trump would rather keep it and make some modifications based on what the people wants and what he deems correct, then it's really good for you/them and I don't see what's wrong with it.

But then again, I'm not a US citizen and my English reading skills are too limited to understand how EXACTLY Obamacare works unless you explain like I'm mentally challenged, so I may be talking out of my fluffy bunny butt.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cybun For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (11-12-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    26d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    even with obamacare those of us who "make too much" can't afford health care. me and my mom have been uninsured for months because they want to charge us over $600 a month which is more than her house payment, and i can't afford anything since i'm a full time student and part time employed. obamacare may be helping some, but not all of us. i'd like to see what trump has up his sleeve to improve healthcare.

these plans aren't all that bad. i'm looking forward to his ideas on schooling and new jobs. those two areas have been really lacking for all of the years that obama has been in office. if he can improve them then i'll buy myself a make america great again hat. but that wall is ridiculous. there's no way mexico is going to pay for it. it might keep illegal immigrants out more efficiently (maybe) but mexico isn't going to pay for a wall that doesn't affect them really. i don't see how it benefits them.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bani For This Useful Post:

Daviid (11-11-2016),I_royalty_I (11-12-2016)