84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) - i hadn't heard anybody talking about leaving if Hillary won but im sure it happened. I mostly heard about celebs talking about leaving if Trump won. I felt like that was kind of dramatic because somebody always wins. Like "omg I didn't get want I wanted so im leaving". Hoping for the best over here though.
    This is what I've been thinking without actually saying.
    If Hillary won, people would be jumping ship and rioting in the streets as well.
    People would be worse I feel like. Just because they'd be blaming rigged elections and her corruption.

But with Trump people can complain about oppression.
    We just can't complain about Clinton being a felon if she were to win.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    I did hear about Cali wanting to fund being their own country. Im pretty positive that won't happen. Partly because no democrat would ever win the White House again without those 55 electoral votes (or whatever it is). We'd have to pull all our military assets out of there and it would be a mess. Not to mention scientists say the shelf under Cali could collapse at any time, who will they turn to then? I think it's just the aftershock of the election. Nothing will happen but we have a long way to go to heal the rift that is in this country. I felt like we were more united before Obama, but that's just me. I can definitely feel the tension lately.
    ive heard of this and
    i wish cali all the best but
    speaking from experience, (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Im so beyond confused by what these protests are supposed to convey. Yes, we get it, you voted for the other guy and can see that in the voting numbers. Protesting isn't going to change the fact that Trump won. They were going on and on about how Trump wouldn't say he'd admit defeat until the results came in and now looks what's going on. I understand it's their right and they are more than welcome to do it, but what was the end game here?
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (11-10-2016),Mophead (11-10-2016)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Im so beyond confused by what these protests are supposed to convey. Yes, we get it, you voted for the other guy and can see that in the voting numbers. Protesting isn't going to change the fact that Trump won. They were going on and on about how Trump wouldn't say he'd admit defeat until the results came in and now looks what's going on. I understand it's their right and they are more than welcome to do it, but what was the end game here?
    I think it's about making your voice heard. Trump promoted an image that estranged a lot of major demographic groups in the US, and to a lot of people his persona stands for something that a lot of people are against (people see him as misogynistic, xenophobic, racist, etc). At the very least, I think the hope is that Trump understands that he may have won the election, but he still needs to represent the other half of the country, and he can't do that until he acknowledges the interests and concerns of the other half.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxglove For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (11-10-2016),I_royalty_I (11-10-2016),Mophead (11-10-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    I think it's about making your voice heard. Trump promoted an image that estranged a lot of major demographic groups in the US, and to a lot of people his persona stands for something that a lot of people are against (people see him as misogynistic, xenophobic, racist, etc). At the very least, I think the hope is that Trump understands that he may have won the election, but he still needs to represent the other half of the country, and he can't do that until he acknowledges the interests and concerns of the other half.
    You do make a good point and Id like to think that was the reason they are doing the protests. When they are burning flags, setting things on fire, breaking windows and yelling "fuck Trump" it makes me think otherwise. Id attribute that to the insanely high tensions right now though.
    There seems to be this idea, like you mentioned, that Trunp hates certain groups of people. I can understand how that idea might have manifested but I think it's misguided. The issues of jobs, economy, immigration and trade are going to be the primary focus I feel. In order to unify the country he will need to reassure the people that he isn't those things and he has their best interests in mind.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (11-11-2016),Mophead (11-10-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    This is getting nuts

(you need an account to see links)
    ^are you kidding me....

^what is wrong with these people

^I really hate stupid people

^Keep that up and somebody will get hurt...

^Another one

^Protestors shooting other protesters? Im assuming it's people trying to start more shit
    Last edited by I_royalty_I; 11-12-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Infowars is where I got my evidence for my "lizard ppl are totally real and reproducing with aliens" project.

NAILED IT!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Lololol I love this thread. A lot of wonderful posts.

I see Trump as a catalyst, and depending on one's views, could be a major turning point in our collective understanding. This election has definitely highlighted the utter neglect of Americans, by our elected officials. Citizens were originally the source of power and had a true involvement in spreading the power to the right people. Today, that power is an illusion thats being used by people who don't want to lose that power.. and haven't yet. Each candidate is violated by their opposition. Its disgusting, not just because of the claims, but because the people, who just 3 weeks ago were at each other's throat, still continue to communicate and consult one another as if nothing happened.. why? Because it hasn't happened. It's an act. They love the stage and live it the limelight. As people watch, emotionally invested and hooked on the plot, reality happens, and if the people were aware of what's really happening.. all hell would break loose. They couldn't let that happen, it would end their reign. So how do they prevent that? A shitload of distractions. Drama.. it's so fucking captivating.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TtotheJ For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (11-12-2016),Spurs (11-12-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I'm not sure why people like to violently protest these days. It wasn't nearly this bad 10-15-20 years ago. Now it is over everything and anything they just want an excuse to burn and destroy things. We had a mega violent protest riot here a few years ago....over a Hockey team not doing well. It's pathetic. People are so chest thumpy anti-rule just because there is a venue to let it out. Go to anger management ffs.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    I'm not sure why people like to violently protest these days. It wasn't nearly this bad 10-15-20 years ago. Now it is over everything and anything they just want an excuse to burn and destroy things. We had a mega violent protest riot here a few years ago....over a Hockey team not doing well. It's pathetic. People are so chest thumpy anti-rule just because there is a venue to let it out. Go to anger management ffs.
    I think it can be at least partly attributed to the constantly connected universe we are a part of. Twenty years ago there was no social media where people could get up to the minute updates on what all their connections and other people were doing. There wasn't that outlet to push an idea or spread hatred. In addition, the media plays a rather large role. They will cover these violent protests all day everyday, but they won't talk about things like the suicide bomber who killed 4 people and injured 17 more at a US base in Afghanistan. The media perpetuates the violence by giving violent protestors a bigger stage to showcase their actions. All about the ratings and the agendas the media like to push.